Wifi/3G

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
There is also a setting you may want to find and set appropriately that has to do with keeping wifi on while your Xoom is sleeping. It defaults to using 3G when sleeping.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
There is also a setting you may want to find and set appropriately that has to do with keeping wifi on while your Xoom is sleeping. It defaults to using 3G when sleeping.
It's called the "Wi-Fi disconnect policy" under your Wireless settings. As soon as I heard about this setting I switched to "Never (uses more battery)", because if I'm in a Wi-Fi hotspot, why wouldn't I want to stay on Wi-Fi even if my Xoom screen was off? Going back to my Droid I always thought it such an odd setting to want to default to 3G when the screen is off...

Reactions: albertdc

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
It's called the "Wi-Fi disconnect policy" under your Wireless settings. As soon as I heard about this setting I switched to "Never (uses more battery)", because if I'm in a Wi-Fi hotspot, why wouldn't I want to stay on Wi-Fi even if my Xoom screen was off? Going back to my Droid I always thought it such an odd setting to want to default to 3G when the screen is off...

AWESOME!! Thanks! This was annoying me on my Droid X as well. Just checked the settings and it is there in the "advanced settings" of the WIFI settings. Set it to never disconnect instead of the default of disconnecting when screen is off. Now I don't have to wait for WIFI to reconnect every time I wake up my X!
I just now did it, so it remains to be seen whether this kills the battery, but thank you for the info. :)

Sent from DroidX