WIFI calling on 2023 Razr

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I can't find this setting anywhere. It was there when I was using T-mo, but now on AT&T, it's a no show. Anyone using a Razr on AT&T?
Is it possible it only shows if your cell signal is bad enough?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
All my unlocked wi-fi calling capable phones have supported wi-fi calling on AT&T 👍
@J Dubbs, Do you have one of the new Razrs? I only ask because on mine which used to have the option when I had T-Mobile prepaid (and I sorely needed it with T-mo,) the WiFi calling option is now missing with AT&T. I’m actually fine without it as signal is fantastic at home where I used to need it with T-Mobile. But certainly curious about it. It is also an unlocked phone. I’ve noticed several quirks with the AT&T experience so far that I’ve never experienced with any other service provider so wouldn’t be surprised if this was their doing.
My larger concern would be in an area like a cabin by the river where signal is real bad and not being able to make a call.

Last edited:
Reactions: mustang7757

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
@J Dubbs, Do you have one of the new Razrs? I only ask because on mine which used to have the option when I had T-Mobile prepaid (and I sorely needed it with T-mo,) the WiFi calling option is now missing with AT&T. I’m actually fine without it as signal is fantastic at home where I used to need it with T-Mobile. But certainly curious about it. It is also an unlocked phone. I’ve noticed several quirks with the AT&T experience so far that I’ve never experienced with any other service provider so wouldn’t be surprised if this was their doing.
My larger concern would be in an area like a cabin by the river where signal is real bad and not being able to make a call.
No I don't have a RAZR+, but I can recheck my Flip 3 and P6Pro to see if the option's still there. I never use it, but it's been an active toggle in all my phones that supported it. I wouldn't be surprised if AT&T changed something though 😯

We're grandfathered in with an old plan, maybe contact them to see if they're trying to charge for it now? Or maybe, like Mustang suggested, they just haven't incorporated the new razr completely into the system yet (which would be my guess)?

I remember when they started allowing wi-fi calling to work on factory unlocked phones...it was a big deal, because there was a lot of pressure for them to stop punishing customers who purchased unlocked phones, instead of their branded ones 👍

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred