WiFi calling?

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Does the unlocked version of the Z2 Play have WiFi calling available? I googled but all I really found were people complaining about the Verizon version.

heap11

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Although it doesn't seem to be officially supported by Motorola WiFi calling does seem to work on the Z2 Play if you go into call preferences there is a setting to turn on WiFi calling.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Although it doesn't seem to be officially supported by Motorola WiFi calling does seem to work on the Z2 Play if you go into call preferences there is a setting to turn on WiFi calling.

Hmm, do you have the unlocked version or Verizon? I don't see anything about WiFi calling in the phone settings or the system settings. Does it depend on the carrier? I don't think it does.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I thought it depended on whether the carrier supported it, as to whether or not the option was available in the phones settings? I could be mistaken though.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Yup. I dug a little about the carrier limiting it. I used to have AT&T and I had WiFi calling (on my old Galaxy s6 edge). I switched to AT&T Prepaid and apparently they don't offer it. I guess I never noticed that I lost it even with my old phone.

heap11

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, do you have the unlocked version or Verizon? I don't see anything about WiFi calling in the phone settings or the system settings. Does it depend on the carrier? I don't think it does.

I have the unlocked version on T-Mobile. I am pretty sure that WIFI calling is carrier specific. It might not work on other carriers, especially Verizon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
easwrftjukumar3r