Wifi issues on Mate 20 Pro

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi guys,

I just got the phone two days ago and encountered the following issues that are surrounding wifi:

- When charging (qi or cable) wifi connection drops when phone is sleeping. I saw in the settings of the wifi when waking the phone that the IP field goes to none, like I am not connected to any wifi network. The drop happens for about 1 minute, comes back for 1 minute and drops again. Repeat. This does not happen on 4g. Wifi is set for always on, whatsapp and fb messenger that I use for the tests are exempt from battery saving. Note that this does not happen when using the phone normally.

- other issue I encountered is WiFi calling. When enabled after 20 seconds or so the other party cannot hear me anymore but I still have sound. Unfortunately the "mic" does not come back on, waited for 2 minutes. Ended up disabling wifi calling.

- the third and last issue that I saw was when trying to call on wifi from Whatsapp or FB Messenger or Skype it won't go through 2/3 calls and when going through it drops.

Now, the troubleshooting that I've done was to factory reset the phone, test different Wifi networks and look through the settings to make sure that nothing will hinder my wifi capabilities.

To be honest, the most important thing is the one where wifi drops when charging.

I would appreciate it if you have any insight on this.

Could it be a hardware issue?

Thanks!

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
What are you showing here :
9d10da57e064403e2054ad8b308c9f4d.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332