Question WiFi problems. Tablet or something else?

ozstar

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Is there a better 10 inch Android tablet for WiFi or maybe my problems lay elsewhere.

I have a PC program that allows input from a remote tablet and I am having lots of WiFi problems with the quite new tablet I have. It seems to take ages to connect to the PC if it does at all.

It is Lenovo TB-X-104F with Android 8.1.0

I have also tried using a new Samsung S22 Ultra phone with Android 13 and a smaller
Lenono TB-7306F tablet with Android 11 and they both nearly always work with the Wifi.

My router is a Kogan Wireless AC and I use 2.4 dedicated to this remote and PC, no internet just these two devices.

I reboot and turn devices on/off in my pursuit to get the larger tablet to work but it is so frustrating.

I need the bigger tablet, but it has to have a solid WiFi signal connection.

Any ideas please?

oz

ozstar

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the reply.

Yes I did that and one time it did help and connected, however I would like it to connect without me having to do the reboot if I can.

Somehow I need it to be a more stable connected, like my phone does with our routers.

You know, automatic.

Does the Android OS make any dif ? The tablet is 8.10 whilst the others I have tried that seem to connect quicker are 11 and 12.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For your use case scenario, I'm not sure if the Android version matters or not. For connecting to the web, it should be no problem. But for connecting directly to a local WAN without an internet connection, maybe there's some kind of security credential that your router is expecting but that your tablet doesn't have because it's so out of date. I wish I could help you more with this, but it's beyond my scope of experience, sorry!

ozstar

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
Many thanks for what you have said. I know it is a complex one, however, I will try and check into the security protocols of both the PC and the tablet. Maybe a new tablet is what is needed.
Thanks again

Reactions: B. Diddy