Will AT&T replace my phone?

dvrmstrng

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Wondering what your guys' thoughts are on this situation?

When playing back a recorded video (all standard settings) from my Note 2 the video stutters and has flashes of bright green across the screen making it unwatchable. This happens with every video I have recorded using the phone thus far. Pictures however are unaffected. I would say that would be grounds for a replacement phone (I do not have insurance otherwise it would be done already) however I also have (unrelated) a cracked screen.

Do you guys think that ATT/Samsung will void any type of hardware/software issue relating to the video recording because of the broken screen (which occurred when the phone was already having video recording issues, but of course they wont believe me)?

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! My guess is that you're out of luck because of the screen damage. There's really no way for you to prove that the video playback problems preceded the damage to the screen.

Do the videos that you record using the phone play normally on a computer? If so, then there's something wrong with the actual playback software on the phone. If you see the flashes and stutter on computer playback as well, then it's a problem with the video camera.

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! My guess is that you're out of luck because of the screen damage. There's really no way for you to prove that the video playback problems preceded the damage to the screen.

Do the videos that you record using the phone play normally on a computer? If so, then there's something wrong with the actual playback software on the phone. If you see the flashes and stutter on computer playback as well, then it's a problem with the video camera.

Agreed. B. Diddy said exactly what I would have.

dvrmstrng

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I would love to however when I started searching for ways to get it done a few months back it seemed as though it was almost impossible.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are the videos on your internal storage or an external SD? If the latter, then maybe there's a problem with the SD. Try using a different one, out reformatting your current one.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800