Will DM Updater Help

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
So I noticed the brand new DMupdater is out, and ready to install DroidMod 1.0.

As I rooted in that odd time where SMupdater was pulled and DMupdater published, I did everything the "manual" way, instead of having SMupdater do everything.

My question is, should I get DMupdater anyways? And if so, what are the advantages?

Will it interfere with any of my previous roots, nandroid backups, SPRecovery, etc?

Thanks all.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Won't mess with anything you have may flash 99.3b if you don't already have it. and it will install v1 for you also

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded DMUpdater. When I went to root, I can't get into the recovery. I turn the phone off, hit X and power... but when I should be getting into recovery, all I get is a symbol of an exclamation point in a triangle.. slightly askew, with a droid like phone laying in front of it. It stays on this screen and goes no where. I'm not sure why. I might do a factory reset today to see if that helps.

EDIT: I uninstalled DMUpdater, and reformatted my SD Card. This seems to have worked. I successfully installed the update.zip file, and am currently downloading SPRecovery 99.3b. I don't what happened really, but it seems to be working fine now, and I've also managed to clean out my SD card as a plus!

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Did dm updater flash 99.3b because what it sounds like is somehow you flashed back to the stock recovery image

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reality3020