Will it be possible to root the Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S5?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
We can't usually say until the device has launched and community developers are able to get their hands on it. However, the fact that most devices do end up with a working root method combined with the expected scale of the S5 and its launch leave me with little doubt.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Very likely. It's just a matter of when will we see the root method?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
It depends.
If they take what they know about all the other explaoit and patch those then it becomes difficult.
They have already figured out how to patch the Loki exploit. So even if you root, you won't get ROMs unless safestrap works.
Even then, you will be limited to ROMs based on the stock firmware. No AOSP and no GPE.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to assume that this one will be tougher to root. But with such a large community and this is one of Android's biggest seller, it might be rooted sooner then many will think.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to assume that this one will be tougher to root. But with such a large community and this is one of Android's biggest seller, it might be rooted sooner then many will think.

I'm thinking the same. We'll soon enough and see what the developers are brewing to get this device rooted.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Verizon often makes it harder to root and flash ROMs, for what reason I have no idea. But I am sure someone will find something.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Because they're Verizon.

Using Verizon is a love/hate relationship. I hate how the treat customers. On the other hand, AT&T and T-Mobile has zero voice/data coverage in many of the places I frequently travel to.(mostly the East Coast) I view Verizon as a necessary evil.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Using Verizon is a love/hate relationship. I hate how the treat customers. On the other hand, AT&T and T-Mobile has zero voice/data coverage in many of the places I frequently travel to.(mostly the East Coast) I view Verizon as a necessary evil.

It is for a lot of people :-\

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Necessary evil, yes, but are you willing to live under the big red dictator. I for one am not. Work gives me a Verizon smartphone so I can comfortably go to AT&T now and have the best of both worlds for coverage.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a ATT work phone and my personal phone is VZW and I mostly use my VZW phone because it just works everywhere I go. ATT has spots where my VZW doesn't work but overall,my VZW phones works in more places than my ATT. And in the past year, there might of been maybe a handful of places that didn't have LTE for me. I have been on over 90 flights last year.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Fortunately for me I don't fly much so my radius is typically within a few hundred miles of home at the most. Pretty safe range.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma