Will S9+ be upgrading to Android 8.1?

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I just got a S9+ (Sprint) and was wondering about whether the phone will eventually be pushed 8.1? I was told last night by a Sprint chat agent that is how they ship now. Apparently, she was incorrect. However, just wondering if 8.1 is in the works?

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
It won't be going past 8.0, period. History tells the tale.

And with 9.0 officially released--and available on Pixel and OnePlus--that'll make the Note 9 a harder sell, since we all know IT will never go past whatever it's released with.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

And with 9.0 officially released--and available on Pixel and OnePlus--that'll make the Note 9 a harder sell, since we all know IT will never go past whatever it's released with.

Except history says you're wrong though. Both the S7 and S8 updated to Oreo (S7 started from Marshmallow, and S8 started from Nougat).

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

My T-Mobile S7 Edge and my unlocked St Edge both have Oreo. The S9 will get 9.0 but I doubt it will be until the spring.

As for 8.1, we won't get it although we'll continue getting a few security updates here and there. I've never seen any Samsung phone I've owned get the .1 release.