Will the Moto X Style/Moto X Pure Edition work on Verizon? (YES)

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Talk to good tier two tech and ask for nano sim activated. Don't activate the phone. Card monkeys won't understand and some tier two techs won't either. Politely remind them how long you've been a paying customer. Worked for me and my grandfathered unlimited data.

Posted via the Android Central App

fire6

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
To the members that have a nano sim has there been any problems on your account when you plugged in the sim and let it automatically sync with the system. I remember reading on one of the forums that you might lose your discount on your account. I have a 15% discount that I don't want to lose. It's a pain to set up.
Thanks

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
To the members that have a nano sim has there been any problems on your account when you plugged in the sim and let it automatically sync with the system. I remember reading on one of the forums that you might lose your discount on your account. I have a 15% discount that I don't want to lose. It's a pain to set up.
Thanks
I don't see why it would affect your plan or cause you to lose anything. It shouldn't.

Jyscal

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks
It used to be that if your device wasn't activated properly, it would show up in their system as an unregistered device. Since it was an unregistered device, people were loosing their company discounts, loose the ability to change their plans, and if you were on the plans which have you discounts, you lost the discount since they couldn't provision it.

Of you are trying to use a XPE now, none of this should be a problem since it will now activate successfully. Nexus 6 and 7 owners paved the way to clear all this nonsense up.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Scratch4

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
It used to be that if your device wasn't activated properly, it would show up in their system as an unregistered device. Since it was an unregistered device, people were loosing their company discounts, loose the ability to change their plans, and if you were on the plans which have you discounts, you lost the discount since they couldn't provision it.

Of you are trying to use a XPE now, none of this should be a problem since it will now activate successfully. Nexus 6 and 7 owners paved the way to clear all this nonsense up.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I activated my new Moto X last night (finally). And I just checked that I still have my company discount and the off-contract discount applied.

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I need little help from some of the VZW experts here. I didn't want to start a new thread for this so hopefully somebody will read this.

I just had a chat with VZW support trying to get my 'off contract discount' applied and was told i cant because i'm "Americans choice" program and it works out better because i dont pay the $40 per line that other program has (cant reember the name) does this sound right and is cheaper this way

1 line 2GB

badgerfrisch

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was able to do that (get the off contact discount) this spring. When I logged into my account on the contract ends date the system even suggested that to me. I wonder if that is no longer an option as they have these new shirt size plans and if you wish to make any changes it will be to a new plan.
As an FYI I did recently switch to the medium plan as it gave me an extra GB of days for a slightly lower cost (I do get a corporate discount so YMMV).

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, I was able to do that (get the off contact discount) this spring. When I logged into my account on the contract ends date the system even suggested that to me. I wonder if that is no longer an option as they have these new shirt size plans and if you wish to make any changes it will be to a new plan.
As an FYI I did recently switch to the medium plan as it gave me an extra GB of days for a slightly lower cost (I do get a corporate discount so YMMV).

You were on the old school America's choice program ? If you went to new plan (3 GB shirt) you lost your 'off contract' discount beacause it's a new contract

badgerfrisch

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it was the old 2 GB MORE EVERYTHING plan. It was something like a $15 or $25 discount for being of contact.
Note there are no contracts, just a plan charge and a $20 line charge.

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it was the old 2 GB MORE EVERYTHING plan. It was something like a $15 or $25 discount for being of contact.
Note there are no contracts, just a plan charge and a $20 line charge.

I guess i will have to stop in and see what i can do , thanks

Still wondering what i have to say or do for VZW to see it my way :cool:

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm surprised that just inserting my already active nano Sim worked. I thought I would have to go online and go through the BS process of switching devices through their website.

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm surprised that just inserting my already active nano Sim worked. I thought I would have to go online and go through the BS process of switching devices through their website.

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk.

From everything I am reading, having an active nano sim is the best case scenario. It should just work. I plan on taking the one I have out of my 2014 X and putting it right into my Pure without issue.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Also, as of today 9/18/15 I see that my phone is now listed by its model number NOT as an unknown device. So it looks like Verizon finally got all the IMEI numbers included!

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I picked up mine from Best Buy Friday (09/18). Activated it that evening (moved my active SIM from my Droid Maxx). This morning I have looked at "My Stuff" on Motorola's site, and the XPE is on there. Checked my Verizon account. Shows my phone as the XT1575 and I still show my discounts (Grandfathered UDP, 1400 minutes voice, Unlimited Text, and I pay a discounted amount for Mobile Hotspot).

They are also inviting me to upgrade my device :)

Posted from my XT1575

linuxmel

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I picked up mine from Best Buy Friday (09/18). Activated it that evening (moved my active SIM from my Droid Maxx). This morning I have looked at "My Stuff" on Motorola's site, and the XPE is on there. Checked my Verizon account. Shows my phone as the XT1575 and I still show my discounts (Grandfathered UDP, 1400 minutes voice, Unlimited Text, and I pay a discounted amount for Mobile Hotspot).

They are also inviting me to upgrade my device :)

Posted from my XT1575

Congratulations! Our BB here in Washington state where I am still don't have them in the store, and says sold out online. That's for the black 32gig. Also Amazon is sold out. Which one did you get? BTW I also have Droid maxx right now. I was seriously considering getting the turbo. Should I go for the moto x pure? 😀

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations! Our BB here in Washington state where I am still don't have them in the store, and says sold out online. That's for the black 32gig. Also Amazon is sold out. Which one did you get? BTW I also have Droid maxx right now. I was seriously considering getting the turbo. Should I go for the moto x pure? 😀

I got the 16GB, after looking really hard at my app usage. It is the only one in stock in the BB stores right now. I don't game on my Android (I hardly play any games at all), and my app load is pretty stable after being on Android for about 4-1/2 years. I have a 128 GB SD card for music and photos. I also use a Sony a6000 for much of my photography. The camera in the phone is for "snapshots" or something I need to grab to e-mail or upload right away.

I just posted a longish review with some size comparison photos in the "First Impressions" thread. I can't really say to ANYONE "you should get this specific phone or device."

I periodically get surveys about " how likely are you to recommend our [insert thing] to others?" I usually answer in the middle because the real answer is "it depends." (Which is the major irritation over " which carrier is best?" arguments - give me your usage case and travel and I can maybe point you toward something. I have been happy with Verizon, but that doesn't mean it's the right choice for another person)

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations! Our BB here in Washington state where I am still don't have them in the store, and says sold out online. That's for the black 32gig. Also Amazon is sold out. Which one did you get? BTW I also have Droid maxx right now. I was seriously considering getting the turbo. Should I go for the moto x pure? ??????

The Turbo is a good phone, I just left one for the Pure. If it were me I would get the Pure you will love it.

Last edited by a moderator: