Will you use the Turbo Charger as your daily charger?

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
The turbo charger is running from 0 to about 70( something)...I forget the exact percent in the 70s. But honestly, what's the big deal. All it is is a higher voltage..if you look at all laptops the bigger and more powerful laptops have a higher voltage power requirement. As phones become more powerful a will little standard charger will take forever to charge. Its fine people its called technological advancement. "The world is advancing, advance with it". Its just an increased voltage.

Photoguy505

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi there. I used to work for one of the major wireless networks. Unnamed because I don't want to "hate". Well, I do but that's another story. As far as the lithium ion batteries go, I've heard the 5% conditioning story too. I'm not going to say no to it. The discharging it to 50% and having it "remember" that as the low point? That USED to happen with nickel metal hydride batteries. This is part of the reason, I guess, for them coming up wiht Li Ion. If salespeople tell you Li Ion do this too, I'd probably look for another salesperson

Student 111

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Have a few Iphone 6S + damage. Iphone would NOT turn on after mistaking charging on Samsung Quick charge charger. Try claiming warranty, Apple refuse to replace or repair phone even thoyugh this is within warranty.
Do not use any quick chrager to Iphone 6. Moving away from Apple for BAD design and service.

carolynlsp

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
I have been using the turbo charger since I bought my Droid 2 phone. All of a sudden the turbo charger will not charge my phone in 15 minutes any more, and when it does get fully charged, it doesn't last long like it use to. It is not even 6 months old.
Ex. My phone battery is at 4%. I plugged it in and it states that it will be fully charged in 12 hours. WHY SO LONG?
What could be draining it all of a sudden?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Which app is telling you the amount of time to charge? Third party or in system software?

Mine will say 5 hrs and then I unplug and plug it back and it will say 1 hr.

Maybe cable is bad.

Posted via the Android Central App

soc_phish

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Your phone will go through lots of little charges to try and keep your phone battery at 100%. This will kill battery life faster. The more important reason is that users have been buying generic chargers. Generic chargers do not do as intended. You will find that phones will function erratically and malfunction more often.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Your phone will go through lots of little charges to try and keep your phone battery at 100%. This will kill battery life faster. The more important reason is that users have been buying generic chargers. Generic chargers do not do as intended. You will find that phones will function erratically and malfunction more often.

But doesn't the phone essentially turn off charging when it gets to 100% no matter what charger you are using? By your statement you shouldn't charge it overnight at all as it will get to 100% and then keep beating the battery to stay charged?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It does. But as your phone uses the battery at night, the charger will recognize a discharge and charge your battery repeatedly.

I don't think that's the case. See http://lifehacker.com/the-bottom-line-on-whether-you-should-charge-your-phone-1784533012

However, I do agree that *turbo* charging regularly is not such a great idea, mainly because of the heat. I would plug in to an old style standard USB charger and save the turbo charging only for those times when I needed a quick boost during the day.

See http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/22/technology/personaltech/charge-phone-overnight.html