Windows 7 wont install htc one driver

pstoric

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
The Sprint store replaced my HTC one because it had a constant SIM card error but I cannot get my desktop to recognize the replacement. Works fine with my laptop but the driver won't successfully install on my Windows 7 Pro x64 bit desktop which is the same OS as my laptop. I have tried different cables, installing the sync manager (which I shouldn't need), trying it without the sync manager, etc... I keep getting the same screen I attached. I tried manually updating the driver and pointed it to the driver in the HTCsync folder in program files but it wouldn't accept that either. Can anyone help?

sprint1.jpg

LeFreemason

Oct 18, 2013
plus.google.com
The Sprint store replaced my HTC one because it had a constant SIM card error but I cannot get my desktop to recognize the replacement. Works fine with my laptop but the driver won't successfully install on my Windows 7 Pro x64 bit desktop which is the same OS as my laptop. I have tried different cables, installing the sync manager (which I shouldn't need), trying it without the sync manager, etc... I keep getting the same screen I attached. I tried manually updating the driver and pointed it to the driver in the HTCsync folder in program files but it wouldn't accept that either. Can anyone help?

View attachment 88961

Delete and uninstall everything you Installed before. Got to the link and install the htc toolkit. Read the information on the link. You can install the necessary drivers with the toolkit.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2183942

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

pstoric

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I removed the unknown android device from the device manager, deleted the htc folder, connected my phone and it still says it can't find the proper driver.

LeFreemason

Oct 18, 2013
plus.google.com
I removed the uninstalled the driver, deleted the htc folder, connected my phone and it still says it can't find the proper driver.

Uninstall, delete folders, restart pc, restart phone, install drivers again, unlock phone (if locked) connect and check if it's working

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Greenberg

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Only solution I found is to download the official HTC Sync, after install connect your HTC One M7 (I blocked internet access with firewall) maybe not necessary. Drives that refused to install installed right away after that un-installed HTC Sync application.

alexanderguerra

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I was having exactly the same issue on my personal PC, but not having the issue on my company laptop. So I did a little contrast and compare via Device Manager on both PC’s. Ultimately what I did is the following:

1. Download latest drivers (or in my case, copy drivers folder from working PC and drop in non-working PC). The folders are split up for Vista 32 & 64, W7 32 & 64.
2. Open Device Manager – you should have a device that says something to the effect of Android Phone with and exclamation mark next to it. Your phone has to be plugged in via USB.
3. Right click and select the Driver tab and click on Update Driver button.
4. Select - Browse my computer for driver software.
5. Select – Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
6. Click on have disk, which brings up a file dialog box.
7. Select the following file from the drivers folder you copied or downloaded from Step 1- WPDMTPHW.INF
8. Select HTC MTP Device – this should be the only option and click Next button.
9. Continue thru the prompts, confirm and now on the Device Manager you should see Portable Devices – HTC One_M8 (or M7 - whatever) with no problems or issues. Also, you should see it in Windows File Explorer in the Computer section.

I hope this helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke