Wipe out phone - nothing is working (Google password issue)

jgp77

Jul 1, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm trying to wipe clean my dad's LG 4K 2017 phone. I have tried everything and I can't get past this google reset verification page. "The device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device".

-My dad has no idea what the password is. I recovered it, and once I put all the right info in, it says there was an unknown error.

-I did a hard reset back to factory settings (and still the gmail page comes up)

-I called LG and they told me to call google (called but couldn't get anyone on the phone)

-I did a few youtube tutorials, but still no luck.

Can anyone help me?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm trying to wipe clean my dad's LG 4K 2017 phone. I have tried everything and I can't get past this google reset verification page. "The device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device".

-My dad has no idea what the password is. I recovered it, and once I put all the right info in, it says there was an unknown error.

-I did a hard reset back to factory settings (and still the gmail page comes up)

-I called LG and they told me to call google (called but couldn't get anyone on the phone)

-I did a few youtube tutorials, but still no luck.

Can anyone help me?
If Google and LG didn't help you , I don't think we will be much help

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I could be wrong but I think there is a 24 hour waiting period before you can log in after doing a password recovery. If you just recovered the account today that could be the reason for the error.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you confirm that you successfully recovered your father's Google account? In other words, if you try to log into his Google account on any computer using the new password, you're successful?