wireless charger for Nexus 6

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The cheapest Qi charging pad that has an indicator light that shows when the phone is positioned properly. You should be able to find one for about $5-$10. Qi charging is a commodity now - it's like asking what the best glass to drink water from is. Unless you want something special - an easel, some way to mount it in a car - Qi is Qi.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I personally love the TYLT wireless chargers.. but they are pricey... They usually run specials every now and again if you sign up for their emails to where they offer some decent discounts up to 50% off (and even then they are still pricey) but a great charger... I got 3 of them at 50% off when they ran a sale to keep one at work and two at home....

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
The cheapest Qi charging pad that has an indicator light that shows when the phone is positioned properly. You should be able to find one for about $5-$10. Qi charging is a commodity now - it's like asking what the best glass to drink water from is. Unless you want something special - an easel, some way to mount it in a car - Qi is Qi.

I know I am in the wrong thread this being for Nexus 6 and I having a Nexus 5. Will the Qi charger, charge through a Ballistic case or would I have to remove it from the case?

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I know I am in the wrong thread this being for Nexus 6 and I having a Nexus 5. Will the Qi charger, charge through a Ballistic case or would I have to remove it from the case?

It might depend on the charger in certain instances but overall it shouldn't make a difference... I bought the TYTL chargers I use when I first got my Nexus 5 over a year ago and continue to use them with my Nexus 6.... I used several different cases on my Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 without any issue charging at all.... I guess in theory if the charger had a weak power output a case could make it charger slower or not latch on correctly...

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
It might depend on the charger in certain instances but overall it shouldn't make a difference... I bought the TYTL chargers I use when I first got my Nexus 5 over a year ago and continue to use them with my Nexus 6.... I used several different cases on my Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 without any issue charging at all.... I guess in theory if the charger had a weak power output a case could make it charger slower or not latch on correctly...

Thanks for the response. I figured that if the case is to thick the signal would be weak and act just like if it was not positioned properly.