T-Mobile Galaxy S8 Wireless Charging activating airplay on AppleTV?

mosi76

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
So I know this is weird but every time I set my Galaxy S8 down on a wireless charging pad in my house, or when I pick it up off the wireless charging pad, it turns on my Apple TV (4th Generation) and my TV (CEC) and the Apple TV displays a message that says, "This airplay connection requires ios7.1 or later on iPhone or iPad or osx10.9 or later with the latest iTunes on a mac."

It took me a few days to figure out what was causing it but I am sure it is the S8 combined with the wireless charging. I can recreate it every single time. Any idea if there is a setting in the phone that would be causing this? I turned off Bluetooth but it didn't make a difference.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
So I know this is weird but every time I set my Galaxy S8 down on a wireless charging pad in my house, or when I pick it up off the wireless charging pad, it turns on my Apple TV (4th Generation) and my TV (CEC) and the Apple TV displays a message that says, "This airplay connection requires ios7.1 or later on iPhone or iPad or osx10.9 or later with the latest iTunes on a mac."

It took me a few days to figure out what was causing it but I am sure it is the S8 combined with the wireless charging. I can recreate it every single time. Any idea if there is a setting in the phone that would be causing this? I turned off Bluetooth but it didn't make a difference.

mine does the same thing, did you find a fix. S8+ on verizon here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky