Wireless charging

Leafs1201

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, noticing that the plug head supplied with the Note 10+ is now USBC connection it gave me a dilemma with wireless charging as my existing wireless charger uses micro USB and has fast wireless charged my Note 8 & S 10+ plus without problem, it's only a 10W ugreen cheap wireless charger from Amazon but has done the job perfectly over the years, so I decided to get a cheap 15W wireless charger for the Note 10+ using the new super fast charging USBC plug head and cable but found it charges slower than the 10W charger, will the wireless charger that is on the Samsung site for £70 be good enough for fast wireless charging the Note 10+ using the new USBC plug head that came supplies with the Note 10+. Thanks for any help.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Try a different QC adapter. I've found my Samsung wireless chargers don't work well with non-Samsung adapters. Could be the case the other way around as well.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I had a phone mount with the same issue - returned it today. The mount itself stays plugged in in the car, and holds the phone/ wirelessly charging it. However, it will only charge it (% goes UP) if I'm not touching the phone. If I'm using it, it barely keeps it at the same %.

I use my phone for work in the car (2nd job) and originally, had a regular vent mount, and just plugged the phone into the car to charge, and even with the work activities, it charged up great. Not so with the wireless.

Could be the brand but at this point, I think I'll just use a dash mount setup like the wireless charger had, but plug the phone in. I like the dash location that the wireless one worked on and prefer it over an actual vent mount.

scmurphy13

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm using the plus that came with the Note 10+ with the Samsung wireless charger that was released at the same time as the Note 9, and it charged it so slow overnight. Was only at 89% after 6 hours. Started charging at 22%.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I use my 10w Samsung Wireless Charging base, since I charge over night it works fine and I have plenty of Fast Charge 2.0 adapters in addition to FC 3.0 adapters/cables I got for the N10+. i may get one of the new 15w versions but I really don't feel I have to have it..

Cheers,
BR

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I had a phone mount with the same issue - returned it today. The mount itself stays plugged in in the car, and holds the phone/ wirelessly charging it. However, it will only charge it (% goes UP) if I'm not touching the phone. If I'm using it, it barely keeps it at the same %.

I use my phone for work in the car (2nd job) and originally, had a regular vent mount, and just plugged the phone into the car to charge, and even with the work activities, it charged up great. Not so with the wireless.

Could be the brand but at this point, I think I'll just use a dash mount setup like the wireless charger had, but plug the phone in. I like the dash location that the wireless one worked on and prefer it over an actual vent mount.

Wireless charging in the car can be finicky. Not all are capable of fast charging. Most that can are limited to 10 watts. Then you have to make sure the power adapter is compatible for fast charging. And finally, you have heat to contend with. I have yet to find a wireless charging car dock that had a built in fan. iOttie uses vents, but only at the top of the charger. I would think they would put some at the bottom too as it would create a passive convection effect. Aiming an AC vent can help with heat, but it's not always ideal.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the plus that came with the Note 10+ with the Samsung wireless charger that was released at the same time as the Note 9, and it charged it so slow overnight. Was only at 89% after 6 hours. Started charging at 22%.

Use the plug that came with the wireless charger. The wireless charger is not capable of charging at 25 Watts. I'll have to check the specs on the brick, but I'm thinking it's not using the same protocol as the wireless charger so it would revert to using a standard USB 5 volt protocol. It could be charging at as low as 5 Watts. The brick that came withe the wireless charger will get you up to 15 Watts which is as much as high as it goes.