Wireless hotspot

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and regularly use the wireless hotspot. I've noticed most times when starting the hotspot it will get stuck on a pop-up screen which reads 'checking subscription status, please wait.' When this happens, I need to reboot the phone. After a reboot, the hot spot will start almost instantly. I'm on a data plan that includes the hotspot so this is not an issue of not having that setup on my account. Have any of you seen that too?

Chris_Kez

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm on AT&T and I get this almost every time I try to use hotspot capability. It's very annoying. Relatedly, I'm not able to initiate hotspot from the notification quick access menu. I tap the button and nothing happens.

Posted via the Android Central App

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I just tried it (GoPhone) on n5x. The subscription message popped for a second then hotspot worked. The quick tile also works with no msg. Haven't applied Feb security patch yet.

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. Reset time? No, not yet? Wait to hear from others. The issues related here sound like phone os not carrier because in both cases hot-spot is possible after too much hassle. I doubt any difference will result, but you may want to make sure your carriers has correct IMEI in the system.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Using the 5X on Verizon and haven't had this problem. The main reason I have this phone is to use it as a hotspot. I'd say it's time for the dreaded FDR. At least, that's where I'd start. If that didn't work, I'd contact Google and tell them it's time for a replacement.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid