Wireless Tether Missing Kernal on TBH 595

brother_esau

May 13, 2010
Visit site
successfully flashed the TBH 595 GB update but not my Wireless tether says I am missing the required kernal - what's up with that and can I get it back?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
successfully flashed the TBH 595 GB update but not my Wireless tether says I am missing the required kernal - what's up with that and can I get it back?

When you say Wireless Tether are you speaking of Mobile Hotspot or 3rd party tethering apps? My Mobile Hotspot works fine....

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
the wireless tether app for rooted users - not the native HotSpot app

Verizon is blocking this app from the Market and I wouldn't be surprised if they blocked it on the device... Since they updated the Kernal so I do not doubt this is a issue.

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
When I try to use wifi tether for root users on my X running 595 it sends me to verizon page to add tethering plan to account. First time this has ever happened to me.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
When I try to use wifi tether for root users on my X running 595 it sends me to verizon page to add tethering plan to account. First time this has ever happened to me.

Their tethering plan is overpriced for what you get... I have it right now ( on 2.2) and will be dumping it... $20 for 2gig? It uses the same data plan/speed as typing on the phone! They are actually supplying nothing and charging $20 for it, even the software is built into Android, they just 'authorize it to work... I can do the same work using dropbox to get files into my DX, then copy them off to the laptop, and with 'unlimited' (5g?) Data...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays