With the N7 selling well, where are all the accessories?

pioneertmb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Especially cases. Haven't found one I like yet. Want something in the 30 to 50 buck range, something on the premium side. So many cheap cases, unlike iPad, where every company jumps on board with high quality cases. Why is that? Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

socialcarpet

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I hear you. The cheap accessories are always the first ones out of the gate, regardless of the product so we probably just need to be patient. There's also the fact that the Nexus 7 is an inexpensive tablet and the iPad is not, so iPad's and similar Apple products often have a better selection of high-end accessories because the makers know people spending $5-600 on an Apple device will happily pay $50-60 for a nice leather case.

For what it's worth, I bought this, admittedly not expensive, case for my Nexus 7 and I'm pretty happy with it for now:

Amazon.com: Blurex Ultra-Slim Case for Google Nexus 7 inch Tablet -- With built in Multi-Angle Stand + Premium Screen Protector Film (Clear),black: Computers & Accessories

I know that Otterbox is working on a case for the Nexus 7 that will be out soon too and I'll buy one of those...

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
There are plenty of high end cases and accessories out there for the N7. They have been discussed to death in this and other forums and can be found on most shopping sites without any difficulty.

Go wild !

pioneertmb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
There are plenty of high end cases and accessories out there for the N7. They have been discussed to death in this and other forums and can be found on most shopping sites without any difficulty.

Go wild !

You mean dodo, treegloo, and portenzo? Essentially all the same design, although I am sure different quality. Others?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I can vouch for the rooCASE. I've been using it for the better part of a month now and it's fantastic. Be warned it nearly triples the thickness of the device, but it is very well protected because of it. Auto Wake/Sleep works flawlessly and all ports are easily accessible. The "vegan leather" feels really nice and I would go so far as to say it seems "luxurious". My wife has a KindleFireHD7 with a cheap (real) leather case and the material the roo is made of just feels so much better, soft like lambskin. The material that comes into contact with the screen is a very soft loop (as in the loop side of "hook and loop" aka velcro) and has zero potential to damage it.

I paid $15 for my rooCASE and now that I've been using it I'd gladly go back and shell out the $40 list price if I had to. Totally worth it if you don't mind the extra bulk.

jms90

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I purchased a Nexus 7 16gb about a couple months ago and I was searching everywhere for the perfect case for the N7. What I found to be the most effective in protecting my N7 was to first purchase this flip over stand case and then I saw that the corners were not protected if I dropped it. So I found this zipper hard case that really protects it and the upside to buying both cases were that they were cheap and the flip over case can fit inside the zipper case, after taking the insert out. Of Course mine is not purple but this brand of case that I have in black is awesome. The combination of the 2 creates a dual layer of protection to the N7 tablet while still having a flip over case stand at hand.

Jeff Da

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
The nexus 7 charging/sync dock is said to come out the 30th of thus month.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rimsha