Wondering about the Nexus 5's battery life?

ARossetter

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm just gonna leave this here. Note that my office is in a black hole where T-Mo constantly switches between 3G, HSPA+ and LTE, so I would expect battery life at least on par with the GS4 I used prior. Fortunately, that was not the case at all.

Screenshot_2013-11-05-19-12-38.jpg

ARossetter

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, can't pull numbers retroactively, but I can tell you that brightness is at its default setting (auto), I WAS on LTE during the day (this photo was taken at home after work), and the display was active, as general as this sounds, more than it would be in a typical day's use, as I had several, "wow, so that's the Nexus 5, huh?" types of encounters yesterday, so I was constantly waking it up to show people things.

Typical use for me is Hangouts when not at my desk, a few short (~5 minute) phone calls, a YouTube video or two, and news reading on Flynn a few times throughout the day. I don't play games on my phone, so this is not a good representative test for people that expect 20 hours straight battery life playing Asphalt 8. This IS, however, a good "average day at the office" type of test, which I wager is a majority of cell phone users who may have been scared away from the reviews regarding battery life.

Hasbrobot

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Very nice..!

Personally going to be switching from the galaxy note 2 to the nexus 5 in January because I've had it with lack of updates. I've been with android since cupcake and the system updates are very meaningful to me. Anyhow I've been worried about the battery on this but this has put my mind at ease.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Nice battery life. I'm in similar situation at work where my coverage is always switching, so battery life is not the greatest while indoors. A few more days until I get to test it out.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
The first few days so far have been good. I haven't been super heavy watching videos and making calls, But from a full day, over 12 hours and about 2.5 hours on screen time I had about 40% or more left at the end of the day.

The battery at idle KILLS the N4 IMO. The N4 would just drain 1% every like 30 minutes or so it seemed. This retains its idle battery WAY better. I am always on wifi, with data normally off, auto sync off, gps off, mostly everything off besides wifi

consequence7

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Oh thanks for telling me I did not know, I uninstalled so I'll see what the difference is now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app