WORST TABLET EVER Nexus 10

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
First Time I bought a Tablet, and I had to buy a Nexus 10
at first it was really cool because of the resolution and the Speed of the Tablet. But after 3 months of using it ( Bought it February 2013)
it started glitching at first, the first shutdown I experienced was on May, then it became worse. from 100% battery it dropped to 0% . then it came down to a time wherein it wont turn on unless I had it plugged in an outlet charging. Now its in Colorado with my aunt. with the hopes of having it repaired. But I dont have any high hopes for it. Im just sad i spent 25,000 Pesos for that tablet.. I bought a Nexus 7 2013 model for just 12,000 pesos at bestbuy which is half the price of what i bought my nexus 10. Im not a poser. Im just letting out my disappointment and frustration. Because Im not like Janet Napoles who can buy any gadget because she gets her buying power from the pork. I had to starve 2 months just to buy the newly released Nexus 10 Tablet here in my country. which sadly turned out to be one of the most disappointing thing that happened to me

Lesson Learned: Never buy a Samsung Product

Haters are welcome:-X

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to here about your bad experience with the N10. Did you at any time ever factory reset it? Perhaps that would alleviate some of the issues that might have been built up.

If it's defective there shouldn't be am issue with repair considering the warranty is still active. Considering the manufacturer finds it a hardware defect.

Problems aside, how are you liking the N7?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried everything, from resets to asking the seller what happened. but nothing happened. Its still in Colorado. I dont know whether Google would put it in warranty or just send it back. Like i said. Im not getting my hopes up . But I hope it would get fixed so I can sell it already.

Nexus 7 2013 model is better. Nice Video Resolution. But its still in its first month hopefully it wont burn out on its 3rd month or so. hahaha
DONT buy the poetic case. Very poor in terms of Quality. The magnet in the plastic case got attached to the fabric side and now it wont stick to the plastic case. Sigh ..... talk about bad luck when it comes to technology:'(

Sorry to here about your bad experience with the N10. Did you at any time ever factory reset it? Perhaps that would alleviate some of the issues that might have been built up.

If it's defective there shouldn't be am issue with repair considering the warranty is still active. Considering the manufacturer finds it a hardware defect.

Problems aside, how are you liking the N7?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry you have a problematic N10. Most of us have obviously had no such problems. Just because you developed a problem with yours five months ago and haven't yet bothered to get warranty service does not make it the "worst tablet ever." Rather, it makes the title of your thread the "worst thread title ever."

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
This OP has "slammed" the Nexus 10 since he got it with numerous (and sometimes redundant posts) about a whole slew of problems that no one else has reported. I have no idea whether his Nexus 10 actually was a "lemon" or not, but I do remember he said in a previous post that he had dropped it a few times. (And it seems as if the OP bought his N10 from a private seller, so who knows what really happened to it.)

I have had my Nexus 10 since it first came out and I have not had any problems with it at all. In fact, I would still highly recommend it to anyone needing a tablet.
And I do agree with JasW that this is "the worst thread title ever"!
Actually the thread title should be changed to:
"My Particular N10 That I Dropped And Bought From A Private Party Is The Worst Tablet Ever."

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
06-12-2013, 08:15 AM

Atiya said:
http://i43.tinypic.com/20uxxco.jpg

IF the service center opened this , like shown in my tablet.does it mean its VOID of warranty already? no seals have been broken

04-12-2013, 11:47 PM

Atiya said:
my nexus 10 fell 4ft down the ground while it wascharging..so now the tip was bent

so like you said sometimes it charges sometimes it doesnt... sometimes you have to push the tip down so that it...

04-11-2013, 11:01 AM

Atiya said:
still using my broken nexus 10 charger :(

04-05-2013, 11:31 PM

Atiya said:
I tried the Nexus 10Charger with the damaged tip on my HTC evo 3D..it charged okay.. only in nexus 10 do i have to push it down to make sure it touches the tip... my only concern is that I hope it...

04-04-2013, 10:12 PM

Atiya said:
My tablet fell 4 feet while charging.. now theres a problem everytime I charge it. I dont know if the CHARGER was damaged, ( I saw the tip bended, so i straightened it out) OR the USB PORT of my...

With all due respect you purchased your from "non-official" source, N10 dropped your N10 from 4(+?) height, damaged the usb port, continued to use a damaged USB charger and may have sent it to a 3rd party repair shop.

Any one of these things could be responsible for the problems you are experiancing yet you continue fault the Device Line. While there have been issues with the line [random reboots], I am inclined to believe the original damage [perhaps exasperated by continued use while damaged] is at fault in this particular case.

djm7541

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I like my Nexus 10, and there are a lot of unusual things about the history of the N10 in question, in this thread. Not even a thread that really counts for anything, on my radar screen.

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Like i said Haters are welcome ... This is how I feel about MY nexus 10 which is in colorado now. I DID say that it had the best screen resolution ,etc etc etc... But in the end my first tablet : the nexus 10 . disappointed me . So if you want to recommend it to other people. thats your business. this is my opinion . so chill

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Who is Janet Napoles?

Posted via Android Central App

Haha...I had to Google that to figure it out myself.

Like i said Haters are welcome ... This is how I feel about MY nexus 10 which is in colorado now. I DID say that it had the best screen resolution ,etc etc etc... But in the end my first tablet : the nexus 10 . disappointed me . So if you want to recommend it to other people. thats your business. this is my opinion . so chill

You're obviously welcome to your opinion, however if you come a message board and post thread with a hyperbolic title in ALL CAPS making such a broad statement as you did...it's going to draw a reaction.

You situation is unfortunate, and I'm sure more than frustrating to you...but part of this is a risk you take when buying from 3rd parties. Most people accept the fact with any mass-produced electronics, there are gonna be some lemons that come across the assembly line...and while making a return/exchange can be a tedious task, at least it's usually fairly easy to get a replacement. That all kind of goes out the window when you buy from less than legitimate vendors.

So...the problem with your statement of "WORST TABLET EVER" is that your sample size for evaluating this device is exactly 1, and a large portion of your issue is the fact that because you didn't buy it through official channels and you've had issues getting it serviced...

I have sympathy for what you've been through, but that doesn't make your opening statement true.

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I hear you . anyway, hope it gets serviced back in colorado. Ill pay for service and parts.. as long as it gets fixed
...so its FOR ME NEXUS 10 is the WORST TABLET EVER.

Haha...I had to Google that to figure it out myself.

You're obviously welcome to your opinion, however if you come a message board and post thread with a hyperbolic title in ALL CAPS making such a broad statement as you did...it's going to draw a reaction.

You situation is unfortunate, and I'm sure more than frustrating to you...but part of this is a risk you take when buying from 3rd parties. Most people accept the fact with any mass-produced electronics, there are gonna be some lemons that come across the assembly line...and while making a return/exchange can be a tedious task, at least it's usually fairly easy to get a replacement. That all kind of goes out the window when you buy from less than legitimate vendors.

So...the problem with your statement of "WORST TABLET EVER" is that your sample size for evaluating this device is exactly 1, and a large portion of your issue is the fact that because you didn't buy it through official channels and you've had issues getting it serviced...

I have sympathy for what you've been through, but that doesn't make your opening statement true.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I think most peopelk would accept it If you had said "FOR ME, MY PARTICULAR, NEXUS 10 is the WORST TABLET EVER" or perhaps "MY Nexus 10 is the WORST Nexus 10 and/or Tablet ever". See there is a difference between assgning blame to ALL Nexus 10s or just YOUR Nexus 10.

I'm glad your N10 is getting serviced and I hope upon return you [ or whoever winds up with it] have an experiance more in line with the the rest of us.

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully...

I think most peopelk would accept it If you had said "FOR ME, MY PARTICULAR, NEXUS 10 is the WORST TABLET EVER" or perhaps "MY Nexus 10 is the WORST Nexus 10 and/or Tablet ever". See there is a difference between assgning blame to ALL Nexus 10s or just YOUR Nexus 10.

I'm glad your N10 is getting serviced and I hope upon return you [ or whoever winds up with it] have an experiance more in line with the the rest of us.

Lbesze

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
"This is my fist tablet, but the worst tablet ever"
Lots of experience there. It seems the tablet isn't the only one was dropped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoverSpike