Would like to use UDP in mifi or LTE router. Suggestions please.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am planning on doing that. I could not get them to pay nice together. Do you have any good guides you used or what setting you did on the T1114?
I can't remember if I was able to disable the dhcp server on the t1114. If not then I set the dhcp server on both the t1114 and asus router to different ranges. And also set one of the routers to be accessed through a different ip, if they both use the same default (usually something like 192.168.1.1). Make sure whatever you set isn't in the list of dhcp allowed ips or it could cause problems.

If you still have problems, let me know, I can send you the setup file for mine

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I can't remember if I was able to disable the dhcp server on the t1114. If not then I set the dhcp server on both the t1114 and asus router to different ranges. And also set one of the routers to be accessed through a different ip, if they both use the same default (usually something like 192.168.1.1). Make sure whatever you set isn't in the list of dhcp allowed ips or it could cause problems.

If you still have problems, let me know, I can send you the setup file for mine
One other question d did you connect the T1114 to the WAN port on the asus router or one of the regular networking ports?

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Are you all still comfortable using the UDP sim in a router? With the letters that were going out, I was not sure if this was something I would want to test?

If you stay under 100 gb, do you feel comfortable with it?

Just wondering..

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you all still comfortable using the UDP sim in a router? With the letters that were going out, I was not sure if this was something I would want to test?

If you stay under 100 gb, do you feel comfortable with it?

Just wondering..

I stopped using it... There is no such thing as safe on Verizon.

Also personally I try to stay under 50gb, because I would rather be safer...

redwood66

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I quit using my 6620 also. I just use my S5 as a hotspot. Other kid is home on leave and the 2 UDPs that have the paid hotspot were at 85GB and 94GB at the end of the billing cycle on the 22nd. Third UDP that has low usage (under 5GB usually) will hopefully keep the average low between the 3 lines and keep the Verizon dogs at bay. I did get all 3 lines back on contract until July 2018.