Would you purchase hotspot for $29.99 and its unlimited?

If true, does this sway you to purchase hotspot?

• Total voters

JohnyLunchmeat

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been considering the Clearwire 4G wifi thing. I currently have the USB version from Clear but the laptop I used it with took a dump so I am buying a tablet and could also use it for my phone if I really need wifi for that. I can't be at my desk all the time and when I need wifi on the go I really need it to perform flawless.

I am almost always on the phone with a customer while I'm using the laptop to look up info and I'm not sure if that would cause any issues with tethering from my phone while talking.

Can you tether from the phone and talk at the same time?

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Verizon 4G Mobile Hotspot Rumored to be $29.99 for Unlimited Data

This article is claiming to have a source that says the 4G mobile hotspot will cost $29.99 for unlimited use, so does this sway anyones decision?

p.s. something tells me that if FrankXS sees this, he won't be able to get his wallet out fast enough ;)

Even if it was, tethering easily increasing the battery temperature to 105 -110 degrees Fahrenheit. Why would anyone want to burn their battery out all the time?

Paradise Valley, AZ running Thunderbolt rooted Das BAMF Remix 1.6.2

Accrete

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
No for me on the Oregon Coast as it will be ~2013 before 4G will arrive so it's hard tether if anything at least till then.

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Nah, I probably won't pay for the Data Plan twice over.
So far, the only time I've used it is to download a few Mega Man games on my Wii and to show to a friend who had a slower 3g connection at work.

Would probably be better off buying a wireless router that uses my broadband access.
If I get a tablet, I may reconsider.

anon(220176)

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Why can't they just come up with Pay-as-you-go for the HotSpot?

I don't use it everyday, maybe once a week or 1 week in a month when I am travelling.

Maverik

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I would for the simple fact that my current Internet options are my jaibrokem iPhone 3GS with 1-2 bars of 3G service. I am extremely interested in the thunderbolt but according to the coverage map I live almost on the line of coverage. I have been trying to get a rep to come to my house to check and see if I can get 4g but no luck.

I've offered a guy at work 10 bucks to drive to my house (10 mins from work) and run a speed test but he will not do it. He is a douche in the first place so that was a long shot anyway. I have even visited two stores and no help from them either. Granted, work and the stores are about 10 miles away on opposite ends, they both have 2 bars of service and get about 19mbps dl. I don't live in the middle of them, it's more like a triangle....lol. I don't want to spend 250 plus tax, activation, contract stuff and number porting only to find out that even though I'm in the 4g area and about 20 feet from the extended area line, I still cannot get the service. Quite the pickle!

But yes, even though the double charging for unlimited service is crap; I would gladly pay the 30 bucks.

EricWiz

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
another 30 bucks a month? No wayyyyyy too much for me. What percentage of my paycheck should I really be paying to the big V?

I already have FIOS tv internet and phone and verizon wireless.... they should give it to me for free with all the money they already get from me!

msfraser302

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
another 30 bucks a month? No wayyyyyy too much for me. What percentage of my paycheck should I really be paying to the big V?

I already have FIOS tv internet and phone and verizon wireless.... they should give it to me for free with all the money they already get from me!

I agree... For what I pay per month, TV, Phone, Internet, Wireless... There should be some sort of discount or freebies... LOL

Side note: I got the free 1 month trial of Hotspot with my Wirefly purchase last month. We used it on a trip to Florida (1000 miles both ways). It was fantastic. There were a couple a spots where we had no data connection on I-95 but it was fun to have internet for the Ipod Touch's and Laptop's the whole 16+ hour drive over 2 days. Also used it at the hotels, bonus! We also used it at the Disney Parks for the kids Ipod Touch's. My usage was about 600mb over the 2 week period. I am not going to keep the HotSpot after the trial but would definitely consider it on trips, both personal and business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds