Would you recommend Nova Launcher Prime For The S4

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
It might be your grid setting. Not all widgets are designed to be scaled in the way that Nova scales them when you change the grid. You'll probably have to make that widget larger to get the artist name in there.

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Nova Prime is very stable and has lots of tweaks that you can do. I use the Tesla service for unread messages and it works great as well. I recommend Nova highly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bigkevbosky

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Something else to keep in mind - if you use Widget Locker in conjunction with Nova, it works REALLY well. You can really customize your phone this way. Both apps are made by the same developer and they seem to interact better than WL does with any other launcher.

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious to know what you didn't like with Nova and what Apex does better?

Well with Nova I kept having the issue with Folders getting removed from my home screen or apps being removed from the folders (Something Apex fixed a while ago but Nova haven't yet). Also If I closed certain Touchwiz features like the Stock RAM manager and other Stock items it would revert back to Touchwiz - I know I only have to press the home button again but its not the point.

Also with Apex the screen transition effects are just so much smoother and better looking - such as the Cube effect - looks more 3D - also there are more transition effects than on Nova. I also don't have the any of the issues I mentioned above with Nova - but i'm only a few days in to it.

Also it has Notification add on for counts and Widget locker works just as well as it did with Nova.

the only 2 things I don't like about Apex is when you pinch out to add another home screen page like you do on the stock or Nova all you can do is preview - to add a home screen you need to go to Apex settings and can be annoying. The other thing is you can only do one back up at a time.

Other than that the stability in my opinion is better so far.