Would you trade an S3 straight up for an N4..

ddiehl

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Found a local guy on Craigslist who's looking to trade his N4 for an S3.. I figure they're both comparable phones for their era, and am really interested in a true Android experience.. I know I could wait for the rumored N5, but the N4's seem to be holding their value- maybe better than the S3..

What say you?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I think it all depends on what you want out of your phone. Have you used a "true" Android experience? Do you know what you'll lose/gain? Some people care, some don't.

I personally don't think I would, but I tend to like some of Touchwiz's features (like the camera and some of the motion controls). I use a different ROM (CleanROM) but it's still Touchwiz based. And I've installed Nova launcher and WidgetLocker so I don't really have a Touchwiz experience from a UI perspective, but still get the Touchwiz features that I like. If I want a vanilla Android experieince, I can get a ROM for that.

Even if I had vanilla Android, I'd probably still be using Nova Launcher and other customization apps anyways.

But each person is different, so what works for me...well, you know.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I sold my S3 for $250 and bought a new Nexus 4. Only difference here is you would be getting a used device instead of new. Phone wise, heck yes as long as the N4 is in good shape. It will have a much longer lifespan then the S3.

Don Cooke

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I sold my S3 so I could buy the N4 and if I found someone who would've traded straight up for it I would've done it in a heartbeat.

Posted via Android Central App

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I did this trade a month ago, but only because I knew I'd be w/o LTE (AT&T) for just a short while, until the N5 comes out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes. If the N4 is in the same condition as the S3, you'd probably make out better trading it then selling it. Right now non LTE white carrier S3s are fetching like $250 while unlocked and /or blue and ti black models are fetching a little more.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I have an S3 and a N4, but I wouldn't do the trade since I use the additional hardware features of the S3 (removable battery and external storage). The software isn't as important to me since I usually run Cyanogenmod, but not having a spare battery was a killer on a few days.

nb

stylez619

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I have an AT&T S3 and a 16GB N4.

I feel that the N4 is the better phone overall. The only areas where the S3 has an advantage in my opinion is LTE (obviously), and the camera. I hate the N4 camera, well LG cameras in general, with a passion.

And this coming from someone who worked for LG Mobile USA.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney