Wrist pain

brown228

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Is there anyone who is having wrist pain from the Gear Fit2? Not because it is too tight or uncomfortable just pain inside your wrist? I am not sure if it is just me and my body with something electronic on it but it seems like when I wear it I have pain in my wrist and arm.

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Never experienced any wrist or arm pain from wearing the Fit... 1 or 2.

...Or any watch for that matter.

Have you tried switching which wrist you wear it on?

See if the pain follows.

brown228

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
no I will try that. Feels awkward though because I am right handed and always wore my watches on the left. But I will try it.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Never experienced any wrist or arm pain from wearing the Fit... 1 or 2.

...Or any watch for that matter.

Have you tried switching which wrist you wear it on?

See if the pain follows.

I agree with this, use the other wrist for a while and see what happens. Maybe you're being extra careful with that gadget on your wrist and, unconsciously, putting an extra stress on that arm and wrist.

djurkash

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyone who is having wrist pain from the Gear Fit2? Not because it is too tight or uncomfortable just pain inside your wrist? I am not sure if it is just me and my body with something electronic on it but it seems like when I wear it I have pain in my wrist and arm.
Are you using default band? Is it too tight, due to auto HR or any other reason?
I haven't experienced any issues with default one, nor with replacement, I bought for better attaching mechanism, and I am wearing my GF2 pretty tight...

bunnyloven

Jul 9, 2017
Visit site
yes I have the FG2 I have tried both wrists, the band is not too tight, it actually slips around a bit when sweaty. I get a slight burning feeling under the watch. I have never had this problem with any other watch... I googled this problem and your question came up. just wanted to let you know you are not the only one.
I found this i hope it helps

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...rn-like-marks-caused-Samsung-smart-watch.html

Bobknow65

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Yes I’m having pain in my left wrist from my Samsung Watch S2 I just bought it to and I know it’s the watch I’ll be returning it for sure. So no you’re on point don’t matter if you change wrists it’s the Watch.

Last edited:

Carolina Kosakoy

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site

yes, I also felt the same thing (pain)on my left hand, and after I used the gear on my right hand, same thing happened

norart58

Dec 3, 2017
Visit site
yes, I also felt the same thing (pain)on my left hand, and after I used the gear on my right hand, same thing happened

In response to this thread, I too have experienced wrist pain I believe from wearing the Samsung S3 Gear. I am going to try switching back to my analog Michael Kors watch to see if the pain subsides.

ccomley

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
*Only* when it's too tight. Bear in mind your wrist diamater may vary during the day. On occasion I've done up the watch in the morning "just right" and later on found it to be too tight, open it up one notch and it's back to just right.

Other than that, no clue, do you get pain with any other wrist-wear? During any activity? Could you have a touch of RSI from your mouse or keyboard use?

Qtjedigrl

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
I stumbled across this because I am having pain inside my wrist from my Michael Kors Smartwatch. I think it has something to do with smart watches in general. I wonder what feature is causing this pain. Because I had a cheap Smartwatch and it didn't do this. And it seems to be the first time some of you are experiencing this pain.

Cindy Barnes

Apr 20, 2018
Visit site
Yes! I have just recently "inherited" my sister's and started using it a few weeks ago. I did a search today because I am experiencing a dull ache right under the watch face. I've never had this before and I didn't experience this with a Sony smartwatch. I'm wondering if it is because this Samsung watch connects as a phone? I will only be wearing this at work now and when the contract is up I will not renew.

Seth Seth

Jul 21, 2018
Visit site
I have the gear fit 2 and I have actually developed tendonitis in my left wrist. I had to stop wearing the watch because after a couple months 2 knots developed on my wrist n it hurts to bend my wrist. I am waiting for some tests from my doctor cuz i thonk its the radiation in the watch causing this issue.

fluffynotfat

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been wearing the Samsung gear for 2 since March of 2018. I have used the band it came with and have always kept it looser rather than tight to account for wrist circumference changes throughout the day. A few days ago I started having severe wrist, forearm and upper arm pain. I wear the watch on my left side. Switched it to my right side. It just felt "wrong". I've used the auto hr feature if that matters. Also before the gear fit 2, I had the gear fit 1. I suspect a company that puts out exploding phones (I've had the Samsung note 7 through two recalls on Sprint, and am on the Samsung galaxy note 8 on Verizon now) isn't the safest bet. I'm a huge note fan. I believe the larger dimensions of the gear fit 2 and /or radiation from the watch are at play. All I hope is that I haven't done lasting or serious damage and that it is fixable with physical therapy. As much as I enjoy tracking my sleep, heart rate, calories, activity etc I'm not putting my watch back on because I realize my body is telling me to nope out of it and I'm going to listen.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the gear fit 2 and I have actually developed tendonitis in my left wrist. I had to stop wearing the watch because after a couple months 2 knots developed on my wrist n it hurts to bend my wrist. I am waiting for some tests from my doctor cuz i thonk its the radiation in the watch causing this issue.
It's probably not the radiation. It's probably the pressure and the shape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using AC Forums mobile app