WTF Google?! Transformer Prime will get ICS before Nexus Devices!

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: WTF Google?! Transformer Prime will get ICS before Nexus Devi

The builds coming out of the developers are pretty stable now, from what I have read. Take the plunge!

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site

The builds coming out of the developers are pretty stable now, from what I have read. Take the plunge!

I understand the appeal of adopting a third-party build of the OS to get it earlier, but there are those of us who, for one reason or another, would prefer to stay 100% stock.

In fact, some of us are required to stay stock. So rooting/third-party ROMS are not always a viable option.

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

In fact, some of us are required to stay stock. So rooting/third-party ROMS are not always a viable option.

Yeah, I don't guess your company would look to kindly to you rooting your work phone, eh?

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

Others, like myself, have gone this long (since May) without rooting...no point in starting now. Maybe on my next phone.

Ccureton

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Others, like myself, have gone this long (since May) without rooting...no point in starting now. Maybe on my next phone.

I waited around this long and finally rooted this weekend, started off flashing cm7 and looking at the ics roms to see if I want to try them. It's really opened the phone up alot. Reminds me of when I first put preware on my pre.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site

I have to admit- while I love all the development for a Nexus device- the poor support of Google? on this matter has got me rethinking about re-upping my contract for a Galaxy Nexus. If google can't support their own phones in a timely manner- what's the point of getting a "skin/bloat free" phone that usually has LESS leading edge tech (subpar camera, non removable storage) if it can no longer get updates before everyone else?

If any PHONES newer than the Nexus S begin to get ICS (GS2, RAZR, Rezound)- we will have been officially screwed by Google in my opinion.

j1787

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
No idea how much credibility this guy has but a "tier 2" verizon tech support agent said mid January release. So we should only be a few days away.... will see if it really happens.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

DeathsArrow

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I wouldn't necessary think the sky is falling until other existing android phones start getting ICS. Tablets as far as I'm concerned are a different animal. Especially tablets that already have honeycomb on them.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

I wouldn't feel so bad about not having it but hearing all these other devices getting first is starting to get a little frustrating.

N9tShadow

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
google!!!! WTF????

I'm guessing there's still no news about us getting the ICS, I've been waiting oh so patiently for the ota update "right now running cm7" not to worried about it I'm sure well get it sooner or later.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I skimmed the thread so I appologize if this has been touched on already, but in fairness to Google the update was halted on the T-Mo version of the Nexus as well due to issues with the build. It stands to reason that the 4G version has not been pushed yet is because it also contains some elements that Google has felt we'd be better off without until they are fixed.

Don't get me wrong, I want ICS badly, but not enough to root (My Nexus hasn't had its cherry popped yet ;) ) or have a buggy device. I have a feeling it will be well worth the wait. :)

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site

I skimmed the thread so I appologize if this has been touched on already, but in fairness to Google the update was halted on the T-Mo version of the Nexus as well due to issues with the build. It stands to reason that the 4G version has not been pushed yet is because it also contains some elements that Google has felt we'd be better off without until they are fixed.

Don't get me wrong, I want ICS badly, but not enough to root (My Nexus hasn't had its cherry popped yet ;) ) or have a buggy device. I have a feeling it will be well worth the wait. :)

I have no problem with that call, either. However, it'd be nice to hear something, anything, from Sprint or Google.

It's very frustrating when companies announce a product, build the hype, then keep us customers in the dark. It's even more frustrating when we loyal Sprint customers stick with Sprint, a carrier that is hemorrhaging its customer-base, but they fail to communicate with us.

It's almost as though they don't acknowledge that we made a choice to be or stay with them.

Reactions: gbuffs

jimijames

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

Sadly all of this unexplained delay reminds me of WebOS 2.0... they kept saying it's coming to all devices, then they said nothing for a while, then they flip-flopped and said they will not roll it out to older devices at all.

I'm not saying Google is going to flip and not push ICS out to the Nexus S, but someone should say something...anything. All of this silence just breeds anger and/or rumors and a simple "we found some issues and are working to resolve them before we continue the rollout" would go a long way to calm people down.

Reactions: gbuffs

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

Sadly all of this unexplained delay reminds me of WebOS 2.0... they kept saying it's coming to all devices, then they said nothing for a while, then they flip-flopped and said they will not roll it out to older devices at all.

I'm not saying Google is going to flip and not push ICS out to the Nexus S, but someone should say something...anything. All of this silence just breeds anger and/or rumors and a simple "we found some issues and are working to resolve them before we continue the rollout" would go a long way to calm people down.

I was gonna say it reminded me of the signal issues on the NS4G from last summer. Lot's of these threads wondering when we'd hear something...

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

I never thought I'd see the day when a petition for an ota for a nexus.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred