X vs DINC

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the Droid X (love it but always looking to try someothing different) and was considering a trade for the DINC. I've played with the DINC many times and think I might like the size better. Hoping to get some opinions from anyone who has or have had both devices. Thanks!

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I used to have the droid x... The only Complaint that I have about it was in order to use the navigation properly you have to purchase their car dock. I did not think that was fair on motorolas part so I took the phone back and got the incredible.... All I can say is that I'm extremely happy with the incredible. you do not need a car dock to use the navigation and I think it is a better phone all around. It is easier to root. And they have many many many custom ROMs that are very stable. I am currently running the new cyanogenmod nightly number 12 and my phone is running a better then stock;)

But it is your call... I am not putting down the droid x. But for my job I depend on the navigation.

-Sent from my HTC incredible via Tapatalk

Reactions: BioTek

BioTek

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
my dream phone would be if the DX and the Hinc had a baby with android and webOS(palm) integration :) ohhhhh.... i can dream :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I still have both the dx and dinc.The dinc was my first choice ,perfect size imo.I am rooted with custom rom.I wouldnt consider getting rid of . :D no bad issues with at all .
The dx just kinda happened ,a deal couldnt refuse from vzw.I wouldnt want a bigger phone it borders on being to big .Since rooting this phone its been better had some known software issues before rooting and custom rom.I can upgrade this phone at anytime but kinda liking it too now.
They are 2 different phones forsure.

sent using TaPaTaLk

Reactions: bgl321

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree with fadepoint89 I have the Incredible and I love it. I had played with the X but the Sense UI is so awesome. I am so pleased with the INC.
You can't go wrong. I haven't rooted and I am happy with the way it is.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I was debating between the Incredible and Droid X. I went with the Inc because I didn't like the way the X copied text in the stock browser. I prefer the pins better with the Inc. With the pins, I'm able to scroll down the page and select additional text while in selection mode.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Software features can easily be changed/overcome. Hardware is hardware and you can't change it without changing your phone.

androide

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've played around with the DX and I currently have the DINC. Get a DINC. Its well worth it.

I can't agree more with fadepoint89, my wife has a DX and it really sucks. Everytime i use it I always encounter lots of errors, it freezes, soemtimes it won unlock, wt...?!
I might try to reset it to factory though and see it that helps, but definitley get DInc.

Last edited:

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Software features can easily be changed/overcome. Hardware is hardware and you can't change it without changing your phone.

With all of Motorola's products I've been hoping they would fix that. Even the original Droids have that same issue. I assumed if they didn't change it then, and have yet to at this point, then perhaps that's going to be their way of copying text.

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I've chosen to stay with my DX. It is a great phone. No problems and can't see trading a perfectly good phone for one I do not know the history of. Thanks for everyones input.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reality3020