Xaomi Note 10, random second passcode cant disable

drejuj

Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
So ive searched everywhere for an answer and i cant seem to find any help. Ive owned this xaomi note 10 lite for over 8 months and all of a sudden i go to unlock it yesterday and theres a new lock screen, i have my normal lockscreen with my passcode ive always had and now all of a sudden its asking me for a second passcode i tried a few basic codelocks and it ended up being 0000 which i have never set in my life, ive put the phone in safe mode and its still there.

so basically now i unlock the screen it asks me to slide to unlock, it then asks me for this new passcode where i enter 0000 and then it takes me to my normal passcode screen which i enter my personal code and the phone unlocks.

Ive scanned it with Malaware bytes and deleted most apps to be certain but the second passcode lock is still there when i put it in safe mode.

Last resort is to delete everything and reboot it hoping someone has an answer photos attatched of lockscreens.

Photo labelled 2 is the lockscreen ive never seen before it shows 6 characters and is 0000 not sure where it came from if i disable the codelock in settings this codelock screen is still there.

Attachments

• 1 photo.jpg
    1 photo.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 2photo.jpg
    2photo.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 3photo.jpg
    3photo.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 5

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
It's probably an app that you dld recently. Start by deleting them in reverse order. Verify if wanted in safe mode. Good luck

drejuj

Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
The only way i can remove it is if i disable my screen lock go into developer mode and enable "skip screen lock" but then my phones got no screen lock and i feel like if it is some sort of malaware thats what their aiming and also id like to have a screen lock. Original screen lock in picture 3 has been on my phone since i bought it and this mysterious one is annoying the crap out of me tried everything to get rid of it, cant find any similar issues on google

drejuj

Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
Malaware bytes and outlook device policy everythings set to off, installed malaware bytes after the problem to see if malaware was causing issue

drejuj

Feb 6, 2021
Visit site
Im not quite sure what that is, the phone was in my pocket locked was fine then i pulled it out and this passcode shows up, also the slide to unlock in photo 1 is not working now cant swipe right seems like an app or some sort of virus i may have to reset the phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201