Xiaomi 13

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
As per the title.....has anyone tried the Xiaomi 13 and is there any news on the Global launch date??

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
Xiaomi's MIUI 13 over Android 12 has been out about a year. Are you asking about Android 13?
I don't have that, but don't expect it on my two 2020 devices.
There are some sources that give a rough indication of when updates are expected or have arrived for different models globally.

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Ahh You meant the Xiaomi 13 devices. I can't answer that but have noticed a few reviews. Probably only in China for now.

They have not been listed in the UK as yet. Probably from March.

https://www.techadvisor.com/article/746512/xiaomi-13.html

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_13-am...6745810251285&referrer=https://www.google.com

add Pro to this link.
I have seen all the reviews........I was just wondering has anyone on here imported one yet.

Should be a near perfect device (for my needs)

I wish they had gone with the curved edge, 2k screen (just in the smaller form factor)

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
I didn't look at it much yet. There are a few Xiaomi models I fancy, if at a reduced price that are around 6 months old.

There are not many AC members who have Xiaomi as they are not in the States. You never know who may reply though.

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I found a website (Bludiode) that is selling the Xiaomi 13 in the beautiful Red colour.... 12gb - 512gb with what they describe as a "Global ROM with Google" for just under €800

I'm a bit worried that the ROM won't be official and the phone won't get it's software & security updates.

I know for a fact....that spec/colour won't be available to me in Ireland when the phone gets its official worldwide release.

I'm very close to taking a chance on it!!

Opinions welcome.

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
I can't guide you in your decision. That supplier seems to have generally good reviews on Trustpilot, but their buyers seem more at the mercy of delivery delays out of their control, in some instances. You would possibly be better waiting for official sales here.
I spent my first 27 years in Ireland, and more than that in the UK since; and I see Xiaomi have an official Irish store site as well.
Regarding the version you receive, you probably know their are generally three Xiaomi model versions. If that site promise the Global version, with the model ending in DG, and not DC (Chinese version) or DI (India) then I would think you will be OK for update support going forward. Many in the US import Xiaomi and don't seem to complain about updates. I see some selling on eBay stating they will be the Chinese version.

I bought two models within a month in September 2020 as I couldn't resist the flagship spec Poco F2 Pro 256gb for £294 after just buying a Mi 10 Lite 5G with 64gb unexpandable.

If you do buy and receive one just search for updates as soon as you set up.
You would either see an automcally generated Mi/Xiaomi account number iirc and fill out your details. Then you would be able to use built in support apps where you can request help and send diagnostic logs if there is any issue.

Again, personally Xiaomi devices appeal to be more when they receive early discounts and £700 / €800 is a lot for a device that may drop, but Xiaomi have good long term update policies on higher models now.

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I am considering it....

Just waiting for answers to a couple of questions from the supplier (mainly to do with OTA software updates)

Travelholic35

Oct 26, 2021
Visit site
I really want to buy the Xiaomi 13 Pro in Canada but I don't want the Chinese version. If I'm able to buy the global version online, will things like Google Wallet work?

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
I would think so, yes.

There are Chinese, Indian and then just Global versions.

Google don't have a problem with Xiaomi..
I'm in the UK and using Xiaomi phones and Google Pay for 2+ years. Xiaomi do have a sales and support presence here though.

There have been many importing a Xiaomi model in to the US, presumably Canada too.

Travelholic35

Oct 26, 2021
Visit site
I would think so, yes.

There are Chinese, Indian and then just Global versions.

Google don't have a problem with Xiaomi..
I'm in the UK and using Xiaomi phones and Google Pay for 2+ years. Xiaomi do have a sales and support presence here though.

There have been many importing a Xiaomi model in to the US, presumably Canada too.

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm really excited for the Xiaomi 13 Ultra. Hopefully they release a global version of it.

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
If importing one.....be very specific with the seller about OTA software updates and Google Security Updates.

Just because the phone can run Google Services does not mean it will be supported.

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
This time around it looks like the Pro is better and newer than the Ultra, and has a better chance of being a Global release. We'll probably know on February 26th iirc.

Snapdragon 8 gen 2 vs 8 gen 1+; ships with Android 13 and MIUI 14 unlike the Ultra, and released December 22 not July.

Xiaomiui is a helpful site.

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
This time around it looks like the Pro is better and newer than the Ultra, and has a better chance of being a Global release. We'll probably know on February 26th iirc.

Snapdragon 8 gen 2 vs 8 gen 1+; ships with Android 13 and MIUI 14 unlike the Ultra, and released December 22 not July.

Xiaomiui is a helpful site.
I messaged Xiaomi Ireland and they got back to me saying the Xiaomi 13 and 13 Pro would be available to order.... "later this month"
that was a couple of days ago.....so I assume they meant after the global launch on the 26th.

d488b05acf9eb3d2840c5ffefd72ecd7.jpg