Xiaomi Mi 9 and Raw photos

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've read that the camera app of Xiaomi Mi 9 doesn't natively support RAW photos, then i have to use gcam app.

Compared to devices that natively support shooting in RAW, do photos taken with gcam in Mi 9 have worse quality?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've read that the camera app of Xiaomi Mi 9 doesn't natively support RAW photos, then i have to use gcam app.

Compared to devices that natively support shooting in RAW, do photos taken with gcam in Mi 9 have worse quality?
Hi , if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
All pictures are "taken" in raw. Some camera apps convert the picture to .jpg, others give you the choice of converting or not (in how you set the app to save pictures). You can't take a picture in .jpg, that's only a file type, it happens when saving the picture, so the raw pictures should look like any raw pictures taken by any phone with a 1/2", 0.8µm sensor of the same type. (You can't say "the same quality as native raw mode" because some camera sensors capture much better pictures than others. If the phone came with a camera app that saved pictures in raw mode, they'd be the same quality as using a different app that does save in raw mode. But every model of every phone has a different "raw mode picture quality".)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays