xoom won't start....won't reboot.... light is on when plugged in

adven68

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
So, I know it's charged and the white indicator light on the bottom center lights when plugged in. It simply wont start. I have read some threads that suggest to hold the up volume button at the same time as the power button, but nothing happens (yes, I have also tried it with the down volume button :) )

any suggestions?

SuperIVIan11

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Did it run out of battery? Sometimes, mine will need to just sit and charge for a while before it will come on. Did you try holding power and down volume button to see if you can get the M to come up?

adven68

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
When it is charging with the wall plug...the light is bright green. There is no light at all when you take it off the wall charger or if you use a usb to plug into the laptop. I have tried all the button combos but nothing happens....:(

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Not meaning to to budge in but I'm once again trying to revive my Xoom I do believe it is a lost cause but I did have a new development today after leaving it off the charger for three weeks it is now blinking white ,solid white light , and solid green light. Is this a good sign or is it still a lost cause.
TIA

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Sure you've tried this, but mine did the not wanting to boot after completely dead battery... Did a reboot (up volume and power button) and it booted up. Didn't think it would since I thought it was off but apparently it was stuck in some half on mode.
Might be worth a shot.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

ilovetheflbeach

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It could be a bad charging cord. I had a problem with mine when I had a password pop up on my screen (and I did not set one). my husband googled the problem, downloaded some files (got it to connect to the PC). Basically, he did a factory reset and l had had to start over.

Someone on Xoom forums.com said that your battery completely drained out (might need that new charger and he also said to let it charge fully for eight hours. Another person posted said to take out the SD card and then try to boot. Xoom WILL not charge via USB. I'd go with my previous sentence first.
PS white light = charging, green=charged.

Last edited: