Yahoo emails read on android phone are suddenly not being marked as read on Yahoo mail on PC

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Until recently any emails I read via my Yahoo mail app on phone would also be marked as read on Yahoo mail on PC. Now I can read on PC and android updates but all mails on PC are marked unread, even though I have read them on my phone.

AFAIK nothing in settings has changed. Its funny it works one way but not the other. No issues with basic sync-ing in that all mails appear in both app and PC. Just issue with PC mail not showing emails as read unless you read them alos in PC.

Any clues anyone ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Is background data restricted for the Yahoo Mail app? Do you have any power-saving modes or 3rd party battery-saver apps turned on?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Make sure the email app set up the account as an IMAP* account. (Or go into settings in the account in the browser [there should be some settings page on Yahoo's webmail page] and make sure that anything like "marked read when ..." is enabled.)

*POP3 accounts download the emails to the particular device, so if you read one or delete it, that happens on the device, but any other computer that looks at them sees them as unread.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough.:p

Wait, Gmail itself was set to POP3 in the Gmail app? Or was it one of the non-Gmail accounts that your Gmail app acts as a client for?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995