Yellow tint

lizette1222

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
So I was at Target and just happened to take a look at the iPhones on display. While looking at the display I saw that is looks much more cleaner, whites are so white, that it made my note 9 look yellowish. The screen looks so much brighter than the 9 with my lighting all the way up. By no means, I'm not an iPhone fan, but I got a little envious on how much nicer their screens look. I tried messing around with the display settings but I couldn't get it to look as white. Any input?

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So I was at Target and just happened to take a look at the iPhones on display. While looking at the display I saw that is looks much more cleaner, whites are so white, that it made my note 9 look yellowish. The screen looks so much brighter than the 9 with my lighting all the way up. By no means, I'm not an iPhone fan, but I got a little envious on how much nicer their screens look. I tried messing around with the display settings but I couldn't get it to look as white. Any input?

Are you sure the blue light filter isn’t on? That adds a yellow tint to reduce eye strain.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

You do realize that Samsung makes the eyephone screens too don't you?

lizette1222

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Adaptive display set? It will punch up the colors and even the whites over Normal setting (IMO).
I've got it set on adaptive display. I compared it to my s9 plus, and my note still looks dimmer and yellowish than my s9 plus. My husbands note also has the same tone as my note.

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I've got a couple of iPhone Xs's coming on Friday. I will have to check out the displays next to my Note 9, after my daughter's get them setup. We're going to also compare the sound playback also. Should be interesting.

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
has to be adaptive if you've got a yellow screen, that's the only reason the screen would look like that. these screens are top end for vivid colours and whites

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Adaptive is the best if you want to punch up all the colors, but it shouldn't give your overall screen any tint if that's what you are saying.

There are going to be some screens that are close to "perfect" but may have some color variance. if you take your phone to other stores with Note 9 displays and can see a difference between Notes side by side, then it's that variance. The fact both you and husbands phone both have it if bought same time most likely built at same time and could be part of a same batch of panels.

I was just a BB the other day and past the Note 9 displays and they have it set at Adaptive and max bright and to me look identical to my 8 at same settings.

Remember when the S8 came out they had red tint and Samsung tried to say it was normal?? But later they came out update with the advanced options to manipulate the RGB... the "Visine fix" to get the red out and avoid dealing with panel relacements. So when you have Adaptive set, below go to Advanced options and play with the Red or other colors to see if you can get the tint out.

If you're still not happy then not sure if your within period to exchange but that's an option. Otherwise the honest truth is that as long as you don't stick your phone side by side to others, unless the tint is a glaring defect, you wont notice the tint. The other day I was playing with settings and I like the Adaptive setting but forgot I left it at Cinema and when I did notice, I thought to myself my eyes adjusted that I didn't even notice the difference and like it just as much... punchy with just a notch down to bring out a bit of warmth if you know what I mean... it's still an awesome panel and been left it at Cinema.

So what setting should I put it on? I thought adaptive was the best choice when it came to screen colors.

lizette1222

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Adaptive is the best if you want to punch up all the colors, but it shouldn't give your overall screen any tint if that's what you are saying.

There are going to be some screens that are close to "perfect" but may have some color variance. if you take your phone to other stores with Note 9 displays and can see a difference between Notes side by side, then it's that variance. The fact both you and husbands phone both have it if bought same time most likely built at same time and could be part of a same batch of panels.

I was just a BB the other day and past the Note 9 displays and they have it set at Adaptive and max bright and to me look identical to my 8 at same settings.

Remember when the S8 came out they had red tint and Samsung tried to say it was normal?? But later they came out update with the advanced options to manipulate the RGB... the "Visine fix" to get the red out and avoid dealing with panel relacements. So when you have Adaptive set, below go to Advanced options and play with the Red or other colors to see if you can get the tint out.

If you're still not happy then not sure if your within period to exchange but that's an option. Otherwise the honest truth is that as long as you don't stick your phone side by side to others, unless the tint is a glaring defect, you wont notice the tint. The other day I was playing with settings and I like the Adaptive setting but forgot I left it at Cinema and when I did notice, I thought to myself my eyes adjusted that I didn't even notice the difference and like it just as much... punchy with just a notch down to bring out a bit of warmth if you know what I mean... it's still an awesome panel and been left it at Cinema.
Went into the advance option, and brought the green and red color all the way down, and it seems like it took out a lotof the warm/ yellow tint. Thanks!