You have questions. I have a Droid RAZR. Ask away.

RoninX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Now that you've had it for a couple days, I'd be interested to find out more about the battery life. Some sources (BGR) are saying that it will last a couple days with moderate use, while others are saying that it won't even last a full day. What has been your experience?

Personally, all I care about is being able to get through a full day (say 12 hours) of moderate use. I don't mind plugging it in every night, but it would be a bit of a pain to have to recharge it during the day.

Also, did you get the external battery from Moto? If so, how large is it, and how much juice does it hold?

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
ok whenever its in the car dock does it act like the bionic where you are forced to use the car dock theme ? or can you switch back to the regular home screen like you can with the TBOLT ?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Now that you've had it for a couple days, I'd be interested to find out more about the battery life. Some sources (BGR) are saying that it will last a couple days with moderate use, while others are saying that it won't even last a full day. What has been your experience?

So a couple of things on that ... Now that I'm back home and not running around the country, battery life has settled a little. That might also be because of the time change -- Motorola warned us battery life should get a little better once that rolled over.

Your mileage will still vary, and I'm still wary of a non-removable battery in an LTE device.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil- Very important question: How is the phone quality in noisy situations? My Fascinate was absolutely the worst smart phone for making calls, total disaster. So I switched to the Droid X. Amazing call quality!! So how is it on the Razr?

Worked fine for me at the crazy Windows Phone event outside Macy's in NYC. That good enough for ya :)

Motorola can make some hardware.

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So a couple of things on that ... Now that I'm back home and not running around the country, battery life has settled a little. That might also be because of the time change -- Motorola warned us battery life should get a little better once that rolled over.

Your mileage will still vary, and I'm still wary of a non-removable battery in an LTE device.
That's a good way not to answer the question.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks phil. I was in the store the other day playing with one, and I noticed that when the device was plugged in and when you were say typing a message, there was a vibration on key press.... Which is nice, I noticed when it was unplugged that there was no vibration on the key press even though the setting for "vibrate on key press" option was selected... Is it like that on yours? And if so is there a setting that will change that?

Thanks man

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I was worried that being so thin it would get very hot especially with past moto devices doing the same things. What a shame I will have to pass unless moto can get a fix for that which I doubt they will.

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
FYI the hardware is global ready

Where did you find this out? I was hoping it was the case, but with only the single SIM slot, someone mentioned that it would take some second-generation internal chipset to allow the single SIM to serve for LTE + GSM network access.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
After reading all questions and answers - I'll stick to what I already have. (EVO 3D). Thanks Phil. :)

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
After reading a bunch of reviews, I just ran over to Verizon on my lunch break to try out the Razr for myself. I'll just say some of you screen Nazis are too much. The screen looks amazing (best in the store...for now), feels great in the hand...my hand (one tethered working, one not tethered w/ the sticker screen so able to hold it), is blazing fast, and the UI seemed pretty well done. Felt kind of bad for Bionic owners after using the Razr side by side. Only because of how soon it was released to it, the Bionic is a nice phone in it's own regards. I've been a Nexus fan since the One, and being a long Verizon customer unable to own one in the past, so I'm sold on the GNEX as my next device. That said, I felt compelled to join and give my own little positive review of the Razr. Anyone looking for the phone will be completely happy with it (esp once it gets ICS).

BTW...considering the store model had been on all day and in fairly heavy use, as it's the phone everyone is checking out and playing with, I feel it's worth mentioning it wasn't the least bit hot. Also, I wear a suit to work, and it fit very easily and comfortably in my "tighter" dress pants. Other than some functions being on the top of the screen I could easily use it one handed. I don't have extremely large hands either, but far from small. For people who've said they need an extra battery they make external ones that plug into the usb port. Also, don't need to do a battery pull to reset (as people said) so that's a moot point. Go check it out yourself. As they say, haters gonna hate. Well done Moto! Good time to be an Android fan, especially (FINALLY) on Verizon. Cheers!

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Man..... I am torn between this and the Galaxy nexus. The thing that keeps bringing me back to the razr is the size and the notification LED. The Galaxy's LED seems dinky to me.

Phil, is the Moto LED like/better than the droid X LED? I always found it easy to see and liked it.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil, is the Moto LED like/better than the droid X LED? I always found it easy to see and liked it.

Ya know, I'm not sure I've ever really compared notification lights, except maybe the beacon that's on the LG Revolution that threatens to blind you if you're not careful.

In this case, uh, it blinks, and it notifies. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter