Your biggest GRIPES about the phone?

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Notification LED can't be changed or used with apps that change the color...why?? The Moto Droid does. It just amazes me how the moron engineers who develop these phones always manage to leave something so easy off or don't allow it to do something. It's not a life or death but I like to glance at my phone and see different color LED's letting me know if it's from my girlfriend, work, etc.. But I def wouldn't go back to the Moto Droid though!! :)

Havekk

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that has bummed me out so far is not having the amazon mp3 app. I really used that a lot. Are they ever going to add it?

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I don't like that I can't use the flash LEDs while shooting video.

I don't like the pre installed City ID app that bugs me after some calls.

bploetz

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Overall I love the phone. The only gripes I have are:

1. Having to hit the power button to wake up the device from sleep is annoying. It's awkward to do one handed.
2. The "security" pattern mechanism displays your incorrect pattern in big bold red when you get it wrong, making it easy for people around you to guess your pattern.
3. The Facebook app has no way to view/reply to messages.
4. The phone dialer/app auto dials when clicking on a contact. I can't tell you how many people I've called by accident because of this. It would be nice if clicking on the contact brought up a screen prompting you to call them.
5. Battery life not great even with limited use.

andy.smith

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Had to take my phone back, first it lost sound then it would reboot when a call was trying to be placed, stuck with a droid till next week as they had no more incredibles left, fot the couple of hours i had to play with it before it took a poop i'm very pleased with it. From reading various forums this is the first phone that has had this problem, oh and i did a factory reset incase it was an app but even after a reset i could not place a call without it rebooting :(

Delecron

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Serious gripes:

- The Facebook app was better on Blackberry in terms of notification. Note: I haven't tried Bloo yet.
- The battery runs down very quickly, but that could just be me playing with the phone while GPS, WiFi and CDMA are all running at once at the brightest display setting allowed.

Regardless, I'm very happy with the phone so far, and that's before getting past the learning curve of adjusting to a whole new OS.

I agree, I have a Moto Droid and the FB notifications are no where near what they were on my Storm. I think the BB intercepts the FB notification e-mail and converts it into a FB message, or uses it as a trigger to DL the message. I know that sounds weird but on my Storm I never saw the e-mails, they never hit my inbox but the notifications were instant. On my droid I get the e-mail and then (If I opened FB during that Power cycle) it would give me a FB notification 10-20 minutes later.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I have a Moto Droid and the FB notifications are no where near what they were on my Storm. I think the BB intercepts the FB notification e-mail and converts it into a FB message, or uses it as a trigger to DL the message. I know that sounds weird but on my Storm I never saw the e-mails, they never hit my inbox but the notifications were instant. On my droid I get the e-mail and then (If I opened FB during that Power cycle) it would give me a FB notification 10-20 minutes later.
BB takes the email from facebook and then process it into a FB notification. Its very nice. It does is instantly so you never see the email.

My twitter app does the same :)

So far there is nothing good for notifications for android that i have seen.

shogun8218

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I really, really like this phone, especially the customization. However, parts of the phone and interface feel like they were rushed through development.

1. @Groll: No, you're not alone. I get this too - I think this is a hardware issue and not a cell reception issue because when I put people on speakerphone they sound completely normal.

2. Contact Search/Management: 2 separate HTC apps to manage contacts:
-People: Can add contacts but not search for them - have to scroll down.
-Search People: Can search through contacts but not add them.
If you want to be really technical, the phone keypad allows you to do both - so that would make 3 different applications to interface with contacts.

3. TOO MANY MENUS. It took me about 3 days to figure out where all the menus were and what did what and how. Example: If you install and application (like Handcent SMS), not only do you have to mess with settings in the app itself, but you also have to mess with the phone notifications to make sure settings aren't duplicated (i.e. two notifications for one text message).

CLARIFICATION: I'm fine now that I figured it out, but I still think it's a little clunky.

This is going to be a bad analogy, but it reminds me of the days of MS Office 2003 where I was constantly searching through menus looking for that one option/function vs. Office 2007 where everything was put on the surface.

4. Can't Create New Photo Albums. Anybody figure out how to do this? I haven't found a (decent/reliable) app, nor has trying to create folders worked.

____

Favorite Things

1. Customization: I've been able to set my Dad's ringtone to "Priority 1 message from Star Fleet Command coming in on secure channel" and to have R2-D2 whistle at me whenever I get a text message. (c'mon, it's the DROID incredible...I couldn't resist)

(Mabilo Ringtones = awesome app)

2. Gmail and Facebook integration. It syncs all my contacts with Gmail, so if I lose the phone, I still have all my data.

Last edited:

nore03

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I wish the touch screen was more responsive. I hate the half second delay that when typing or scrolling. I think this phone is by far the best of any that i have had but I know it could be better. Especially the response speed to scrolling. Also wanna see a free visual voicemail like i have on my Bold 9700.

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
BB takes the email from facebook and then process it into a FB notification. Its very nice. It does is instantly so you never see the email.

My twitter app does the same :)

My friends Palm Pre[Plus] does the same thing, instant notifications, unobtrusively at the bottom of the screen.

yomonk1

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
No Socialscope!!!!!! FriendFeed is ok but pales in comparison to Socialscope for BB. Why???? Why wont Socialscope come out with an Android version????

paul386

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I wish the touch screen was more responsive. I hate the half second delay that when typing or scrolling. I think this phone is by far the best of any that i have had but I know it could be better. Especially the response speed to scrolling. Also wanna see a free visual voicemail like i have on my Bold 9700.

Google Voice is a free visual voice mail...

The touch screen seems very responsive to me...

yomonk1

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
why so we can all wait 5-6 months to get an invite? just saying...

I've been on it since its inception. Not sure if you use it, I know you were a BB guy too, I remember you from the CB forums, but its the best app I've used to aggregate FB, all my Twitter accounts and 4sq. Unless theres another app that can do that and do it as well I'm just gonna pine away for it like a long lost lover until one day it finally arrives.

PS, good to see you here, you were a great contributor to CB also

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Google Voice is a free visual voice mail...

The touch screen seems very responsive to me...

I second the Google Voice option. It usually gives you a terrible transcript of the voice mail, but the ability to jump around and rewind a voice message with a swipe of your finger is terrific. You can also long hold a phone number in the transcription (when people leave their callback number) to call or add it to your contacts.

The touch screen is more responsive if you pare down the number of running processes. I know Android is supposed to do this automatically, but when you want to show off the speed of your new phone to some jealous colleagues, the slowdown is noticeable and embarrassing.

Despite the greatness of this phone, my biggest gripe is not being able to connect to wifi at work to save battery life. Lots of people have the same issue: Issue 1597 - android - browser crash possibly related to invalid SSL certificate - Project Hosting on Google Code dating back to December of 2008! The iPhone does not have this problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard