Your biggest GRIPES about the phone?

Bundy#AC

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Had mine moved up to today from end of August (3 months). Only got $50 for the NE2 though. What are they thinking with the measly $30 NE2? I assume they are trying to make it irrelevent so people will just keep buying new phones at the two year contract price.

mrbrianwc

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
611 moved up my NE2 from 6-22-10 on 2 phones. Then telesales gave me BOGO free. 1st phone $199 with $100 MIR. the 2nd phone $100. Just can't wait to get them.

G

GenericMessage

You guys do know that the NE2 isn't exactly 24 months right?

Maybe this "moving the deal up" isn't a deal after-all?

j_rambo77

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Is there any way with the stock SMS/Android vs. Handcent/Chomp to make it so the same SMS from the same sender isn't all lumped together in a single "conversation" thread?

Coming from my BBPearl, say 'Joe' sends me 3 SMS's, they are 3 separate SMS's that I can read/delete individually. But with the DI (and yes this is my first day with it, I know DI noob!), is there any way or another SMS app to make all the SMS's even from the same sender separate like on BB's?

Not a deal breaker, but I get lots of SMS's from people that I either delete or keep, and with now a long "thread" SMS conversation all bunched together, I don't want to say delete or save the whole thing.

Thanks!

In the thread of messages long press on the one you want to delete and then select delete.

tourstagefan

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Cons so far:
1. The notification LED at the top is so recessed its USELESS. You can only see the dim light if you are right next to the phone looking at the screen within a 30 degree angle.

2. The rear speaker output hole is on the back of the phone only. While it is on the 2nd level on the back of the phones 3 levels and won't get muted on a flat, hard surface.... placing the phone on a bed or any sort of cloth DRASTICALLY reduces the speaker volume. There should be a hole somewhere on the side as well.

3. Had to download a 0.99 cent app to get the same level of customization my Blackberry Curve had for Sound Profiles (sms, mms, email, ringtone, etc). It was a pain to get the purchased app and system app to co-exist easily (Probably wouldn't need to purchase the app on a rooted phone... not sure)

Can I ask what the name of the App you purchased for custom Sound Profiles was? I've been looking for one that allows me to set different SMS tones for different contacts, as well as e-mail messages, like I was able to do on my BB Storm.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
NE2 is 24 months, however you are eligible for upgrade pricing after 20 months. Like above they moved my date from 2/8/2011 to today, and after reading this, is where I got $50 credit and two year pricing with $100 mail in rebate. Final price ended up being $174 with free shipping. Not to bad, I could have saved another $50-75 if I would have waited 8 months for a new phone! Forget about it, I want it now I was so sick of the Storm!!!

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
From what I've been told, they are able to move the NE2 date up a month or two. However, they absolutely cannot move the annual upgrade date at all. That date is set in stone.

Also, before you call and ask, make sure you're all set with billing and stuff. I have literally never missed or been late with a payment in the 5+ years I've used Verizon, so I think that gave me some leverage when I asked. :)

bbfunnyman

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
for a phone that was so key to verizon, you would think they could have spent a bit more money on the battery and upgraded it. The Droid went 2 days out of the box for me, this went not even 24 hours. Its a bit worrying to have this many complaints about battery in the first week of launch for me.

Any now i hear about LG coming out with a device, I hope its within 30 days so I will at least have a choice, I don't like being tied to a charger every day.

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Seidio makes a 1750mah battery that fits like oem if you're interested. Amazon has them for $40. I just picked one up.
for a phone that was so key to verizon, you would think they could have spent a bit more money on the battery and upgraded it. The Droid went 2 days out of the box for me, this went not even 24 hours. Its a bit worrying to have this many complaints about battery in the first week of launch for me.

Any now i hear about LG coming out with a device, I hope its within 30 days so I will at least have a choice, I don't like being tied to a charger every day.

thevoiceless

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone verify the post from a few pages back saying you can only have 4 pages/windows/tabs/whatever you want to call them open at once in the browser?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
O man! Did you leave the manager's sister standing at the altar or something?
Kill the guy's dog?

I can't imagine VZW doing that.

I went there twice, and both times they showed no interest in moving me up. They claim that VZW is strict about that. I've seen where people have posted that they were bumped up months ahead of schedule, yet they act like a few days is going to kill them. Went to Best Buy, and they told me to come back on the day my NE2 is eligible.

the1sen

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So - I read this whole thread...

General idea I am getting for the BB converts is:

1. battery life is less than a BB, but Seido makes a 1750mh battery for $40.
2. no unified inbox... :( and some Yahoo! woes
3. Palm Pre Plus is able to delete individual messages in threads easily, and Android can too with the long press technique.
4. rear speaker is nullified by placing it on a flat surface when talking
5. dust under the touchscreen (LOL)
6. no one from the BB camp would go back to BB, so no regrets
7. Better keyboard than the iPhone
8. landscape keyboard blocks send button
9. it gets less bars than a Palm Pixi in the same location
10. you can only have 4 pages to the browser... and the freaking browser FLIES...

Man... I am hoping like all hell that they may move up my NE2 when I call tomorrow. After 4 Storm replacements, I just want a phone I don't mind using.

toramorigan

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
the1sen, there seems to be a small issue with the "bars" on the phone. That person checked the actual cellphone strength in db side by side and they were the same strength, just the bars were different.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Got to the VZ store just in time, got one this morning. Nice. My issue is the apparent lesser signal strength as compared to my wife's pixi. I know some have mentioned this before, and some have said don't pay attention and look at the decibels, but its like half the pixi. I guess I'll have to wait and compare over the next few days. Honestly, typical HTC. Never without some sort of bug. I thought it would at least be a couple of days before a dust under the screen thread popped up....

There's a glitch on the signal bar or something. I've noticed the same thing but I get better signal than my Droid which shows two more bars.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
How do they work? Rarely... I've only had intermittent notification. Even BB had their issues. It seemed on BB that I received 60-70% of the notifications. With Android, I've only received a couple so it's probably at about 10-20%.

However, the rest of the phone clearly makes up for me having to review Facebook notifications manually within the App...

Are you using a task killer? If so, DON'T or at least exempt FB from it. I've also found (on my Droid) that I get the notifications more often if I have the widget on the home screen (and therefore a process running).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amy453