Your biggest GRIPES about the phone?

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Another gripe.....When I go to send a text message, on every phone that I have ever owned, it automatically selected the mobile number on the contact I selected. On the Inc. it brings up ALL numbers for that particular contact, so you have to select the mobile number to send a text. If there is a way for the Inc. to automatically select the mobile and ONLY the mobile number, that would make it alot easier to send a text!

Thanks,
Bryan

Nitrousoxide

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Have any of you come from an iPhone to the Incredible? If so how useful have you felt the optical trackball is? I'm just not seeing the point of having it on a touchscreen.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Have any of you come from an iPhone to the Incredible? If so how useful have you felt the optical trackball is? I'm just not seeing the point of having it on a touchscreen.

If you edit documents and spreadsheets on your Inc, like I do, the optical joystick becomes quite handy (when it works properly -- which isn't often).

Sandman824

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

For me the trackball is great for fixing typos where you have to go back a few letters. My finger are too big to do it any other way. You can select the word and then go the the correct letter. Works great

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I know this has been said many times before but... battery life, battery life, battery life! I'm thankful we have interchangeable batteries unlike a certain other "smartphone". Other than that, the device is near perfect.

jared916

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
i hate how when I'm in a call and a txt or email comes in...then my phone vibrated so loud I can't hear who I'm talking too

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I go to a few website where the login box is pretty small and I'm too lazy to pinch zoom. So then the optical "joystick" is pretty handy.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I just started evaluating my Incredible, but I'm not able to take a flash picture while on the phone? I understand not being able to surf and talk at the same time on CDMA, but this seems a bit weird.

Also, how do I find and play music synced to the Incredible using Double Twist?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
the placement of the volume rocker switch and placement of the usb they should not be on the same side..

battery battery battery
5.5 of standard use then dead... 4 hours to fully charge this is wrong..

twinmommy

May 8, 2010
Visit site
poor signal strength

Got to the VZ store just in time, got one this morning. Nice. My issue is the apparent lesser signal strength as compared to my wife's pixi. I know some have mentioned this before, and some have said don't pay attention and look at the decibels, but its like half the pixi. I guess I'll have to wait and compare over the next few days. Honestly, typical HTC. Never without some sort of bug. I thought it would at least be a couple of days before a dust under the screen thread popped up....

I, too, have been troubled by the poor signal strength. Mine is listed as a -89 and have noticed more garbled reception. Yes, I love all the features of this phone, especially the camera - it's amazing. But, as my primary phone, I'm disappointed in the audio quality of this phone.

Colin

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

THe only thing I've found it useful for is on web sites where you have a lot of small clickable links grouped closely together, such as on forums where you have the thread pages down at the bottom, you can use the trackpad to highlight and click on links. On the iPhone, it's really easy to accidentally hit the wrong one unless you zoom waaaaay in.

Otherwise, it's kinda just gravy. not super useful. I wish you could wake the phone from sleep by pressing the button, iphone style.

mudpud

May 5, 2010
Visit site
+1. My NE2 is up in July. Wondering if they can bump it up.

My NE2 isn't up until October but Verizon let me upgrade early. AND they gave me a $50 loyalty credit. I got the Storm the day it came out so I've been getting their early upgrade offers for the Droid for a while now. I haven't gotten one for the Incredible yet but I called and asked for one. First rep said no. Second rep said sure and gave me the additional loyalty credit! I think that Verizon feels bad for all or most of their Storm 9530 customers - @ least they have been nice to me. The early upgrade offers are apparently for those customers with minimum $59.99 voice plan but that is bs b/c I certainly don't have one - basic $39.99 here.

gburns

May 3, 2010
Visit site
USB Placement - makes playing with the phone while on charge not comfortable.
Wallpaper and ringtone management - not a deal killer, just not as friendly as BB
Volume rocker is not ergonomic, but could be a current case issue
(bodyglove til Seido launches thiers)
Phone reception - seems to pick up windy conditions easily, and has a tin sound to voice calls

Not much else, way more likes at this point, and none of these are deal breakers for me

dmber

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I really don't like Sense UI. I had the Droid for two months before getting the Incredible. I LOVE everything about the Incredible except for the incredibly terrible contacts app. It is so cluttered and hard to navigate, I basically avoid it. I'd pay $10 to have the 2.1 stock contacts app back.

The Sense "bar" at the bottom is useless. I've installed Helix Launcher to get a usable launcher back. Why would I want a plus button taking up one of my slots on that bar? Come on.

I had to find the .apks for the 3D Gallery app and the News and Weather widget. Those are things the average user won't know to do, so they'll be left with Flickr as their only choice for syncing photos.

If you can't tell, not a fan of Sense UI at all.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Four buttons on the bottom don't always light up.

Yes I checked the automatic screen settings but no go...It must be a sensor thing.
Anyone else run into this?

anon(21359)

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I'm finding that my email (POP3) which was deleted automatically on my DROID when deleted from the server remains on the DROID Inc. I have to manually remove it which is somewhat of a pain.

anon(21359)

May 10, 2010
Visit site
FYI - lights on the bottom are controlled by a sensor that detects ambient light. Put your finger accross the top bar of the phone (where logo is) to block light. The bottom icons will light up.

anon(21359)

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I'm finding that my email (POP3) which was deleted automatically on my DROID when deleted from the server remains on the DROID Inc. I have to manually remove it which is somewhat of a pain.

gburns

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Four buttons on the bottom don't always light up.

Yes I checked the automatic screen settings but no go...It must be a sensor thing.
Anyone else run into this?

OMG, that is the way they are suppose to work, on ambient light. on when dark, off when light.....that is AWESOME, imho......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
333tmh