Your own personal Photo Cloud

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You'll need a USB drive to plug into this but this Monument Photo Cloud is on clearance at Amazon for $39, I bought this through Kickstarter for $129 3 or 4 years ago and I now have the Monument 2 backed via Indiegogo for $192 delivered.

The Monument 1 does not live up to all its hype but what it does do very well is import, sort and backup your photos to the attached USB hard disks. I've got over 57K pics stored on mine, both from my phones and DSLR.

You can set the app to auto upload your phones pics so that every one you take will be immediately uploaded to the Monument Cloud at your house. You can set this to backup on wifi only or over mobile data also. I have Unlimited data so mine is constantly backing up my pictures.

Anyway for $39 it's a steal and then I wont have to listen to all of you complaining about the lack of SD Card slot ;) ;)

Screenshot_20211229-094627_Monument1.jpgScreenshot_20211229-094619_Monument.jpg

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You'll need a USB drive to plug into this but this Monument Photo Cloud is on clearance at Amazon for $39, I bought this through Kickstarter for $129 3 or 4 years ago and I now have the Monument 2 backed via Indiegogo for $192 delivered.

The Monument 1 does not live up to all its hype but what it does do very well is import, sort and backup your photos to the attached USB hard disks. I've got over 57K pics stored on mine, both from my phones and DSLR.

You can set the app to auto upload your phones pics so that every one you take will be immediately uploaded to the Monument Cloud at your house. You can set this to backup on wifi only or over mobile data also. I have Unlimited data so mine is constantly backing up my pictures.

Anyway for $39 it's a steal and then I wont have to listen to all of you complaining about the lack of SD Card slot ;) ;)

View attachment 340095View attachment 340096
Reviews aren't that great that's for sure. So from what I'm seeing I would need 1 for my phone and one for wife's phone. I want it for pictures so I can stop playing for Google cloud.

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Reviews aren't that great that's for sure. So from what I'm seeing I would need 1 for my phone and one for wife's phone. I want it for pictures so I can stop playing for Google cloud.

Yea, there were high expectations when it first came out and even now, not all of those initial features are in Monument 2 but the M2 is faster.

One way the photos are identified is by type of camera so of you had two different models of phones, you and your wife could use just the one account and when you Browse by Camera you would see photo's sorted under each phone so that two Monuments (and USB Drives) wouldn't be needed.

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I just use SyncMe Wireless. It will upload on a schedule to your connected computer or NAS stage storage when on your home network or connected over vpn. You can also schedule automatic backupsSmartSelect_20211230-072402_Google%20Play%20Store.jpg

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just use SyncMe Wireless. It will upload on a schedule to your connected computer or NAS stage storage when on your home network or connected over vpn. You can also schedule automatic backupsView attachment 340107
Yea, there are lots of ways to do this, I also sync with my WD NAS but if you have a USB drive laying around, this option is only 39 bucks 😀

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Yea, there are lots of ways to do this, I also sync with my WD NAS but if you have a USB drive laying around, this option is only 39 bucks
I heard the sync from your phone option is going away with OS 5.

I refuse to do that update as I'm not using their cloud.

Was just posting the sync me option because it's free unless you want remote options.

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I heard the sync from your phone option is going away with OS 5.

I refuse to do that update as I'm not using their cloud.

Was just posting the sync me option because it's free unless you want remote options.

No, I'm running is 5. The sync is going away if you don't upgrade to os5 and stay with os3 after some date this spring