Z Fold 3 crease not showing anything and right side of screen isn't responding to touch

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

I have a co-worker... got himself a Z Fold 3 around new year and wife Flip.

He's been enjoying the phone but today he tells me he thinks his phone is shot.

Saying at the crease isn't showing anything and the right side of screen isn't responding to touch.

Outside screen ok and no drop and doesn't think he bumped into it. The crease... a sliver not showing anything when asked how wide. And he says when he opens it up fully sometimes it makes a funny sound... like a slight grinding at the very end but not every time.

And ugh... he thought maybe coud be the screen protector with the touch issue and started peeling it off :eek: a little to see only halfway and put it back on so it looks bad LOL. He said the screen wasn't working anymore anyways so throught he'd see. :-\

So on the Fold site to see if people have had similar issues and their experience in dealing with it. Warranty? Or SOL because he peeled the screen now? How much on a Fold screen replacement??

Thanks.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey,

I have a co-worker... got himself a Z Fold 3 around new year and wife Flip.

He's been enjoying the phone but today he tells me he thinks his phone is shot.

Saying at the crease isn't showing anything and the right side of screen isn't responding to touch.

Outside screen ok and no drop and doesn't think he bumped into it. The crease... a sliver not showing anything when asked how wide. And he says when he opens it up fully sometimes it makes a funny sound... like a slight grinding at the very end but not every time.

And ugh... he thought maybe coud be the screen protector with the touch issue and started peeling it off :eek: a little to see only halfway and put it back on so it looks bad LOL. He said the screen wasn't working anymore anyways so throught he'd see. :-\

So on the Fold site to see if people have had similar issues and their experience in dealing with it. Warranty? Or SOL because he peeled the screen now? How much on a Fold screen replacement??

Thanks.

he should contact Samsung.In Indonesia removing the built in screen protector(outer or inner) does not void warranty.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
he should contact Samsung.In Indonesia removing the built in screen protector(outer or inner) does not void warranty.

So removing it does void the warranty in the U.S?? I think contacting Indonesia support won't work. I'll get a chance to see the phone when I get to work.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So removing it does void the warranty in the U.S?? I think contacting Indonesia support won't work. I'll get a chance to see the phone when I get to work.

It voids warranty in some Countries. Im not saying to contact Samsung Indonesia. I was giving an example...

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Picture of my buddies Fold. He takes care of his phones and had Samsung's from the Fireball 7, Note 9, etc. Still has the factory front screen protector and been in a leather folio.

Pretty bad crease in middle eh?? I like these phones but always questioned screen durability.

Attachments

• 20220302_094206.jpg
    20220302_094206.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
LOL, ok thanks. I wasn't sure about the warranty part too. Hopefully I can find out for him and see what options we have.
I would just contact Samsung. They should be able to tell you if removing the protecter voids the warranty and how to go about getting it repaired.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I would just contact Samsung. They should be able to tell you if removing the protecter voids the warranty and how to go about getting it repaired.

I emailed my Verizon account rep because he got the Fold 3 using our corporate account. Rep called me then transferred me to business support. Told the tech what happened to the screen and that was enough for him to send a replacement. Should be getting a replacement phone in 2-3 days.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I emailed my Verizon account rep because he got the Fold 3 using our corporate account. Rep called me then transferred me to business support. Told the tech what happened to the screen and that was enough for him to send a replacement. Should be getting a replacement phone in 2-3 days.
Great news

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Since you didn't specify I assumed it was bought through Samsung. Verizon is pretty good especially if you have a long history with them.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Random question: But in what part of the country are you located? I had a Fold 3 for roughly a week in the Chicago area in December, and it started cracking at the fold, probably due to the cold.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Random question: But in what part of the country are you located? I had a Fold 3 for roughly a week in the Chicago area in December, and it started cracking at the fold, probably due to the cold.
I'm not sure if Chicago is colder than NY suburbs 60 minutes north of Manhatten but no cracks on my screen.

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site

Im in CT it's the average over here has Been in the 20s and no cracking here

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Ft Lauderdale, Florida. Doesn't get too cold here.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Co-worker got the replacement Fold from Verizon. Next to the defective one. Hope it last longer than the old one.:confused:

Attachments

• 20220308_113148.jpg
    20220308_113148.jpg
    501.6 KB · Views: 16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol