Z Fold 3 Lounge.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you reset your fold 3 and test it without installing any of your apps first? Then you can be sure whether it is the phone fault or your apps fault.
He could check the battery settings and see what apps are using battery percentage, sometimes that tells the apps that are over using. Facebook is a culprit, make sure that app is set to be put to sleep when not using.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Well... I decided to keep this device. I made some setup adjustments, turned off some functions I don't use or don't care, plus the magic appears to be made. Today the battery predictions was enabled for the first time on the settings, and the autonomy appears to be acceptable, finally. Not good, but acceptable. I started the usage, as usual, at 6am and now, 10:56am here, I still have 80% of power, with my normal morning usage (newspapers reading, reply to some emails, some videos and messaging), 1 hour screen on. Now it appears it'll last until the end of the day. So, confirmed, 1 week is the deadline to this thing really begin to function well.

Thanks averybody for all the tips.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Well... I decided to keep this device. I made some setup adjustments, turned off some functions I don't use or don't care, plus the magic appears to be made. Today the battery predictions was enabled for the first time on the settings, and the autonomy appears to be acceptable, finally. Not good, but acceptable. I started the usage, as usual, at 6am and now, 10:56am here, I still have 80% of power, with my normal morning usage (newspapers reading, reply to some emails, some videos and messaging), 1 hour screen on. Now it appears it'll last until the end of the day. So, confirmed, 1 week is the deadline to this thing really begin to function well.

All I can say is that, post latest update and having it for over a week, the battery for me has settled into a really nice rhythm between usage and battery life. I have no complaints and really think this is a nice replacement for anyone that wants to give foldables a shot.

Well, that is... if you can get one... seems like that is the real struggle here. Parts are only going to get harder and harder to get now that they are ready to release it in China, and if the Fold 2 sales numbers there are any indication, it's going to sell like hot-cakes.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Remember, facebook and other social media eats up battery pretty quickly.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Remember, facebook and other social media eats up battery pretty quickly.

So, I am not a big Social Media user at all, however, I do have some apps installed.

Something I read from another user (so I cannot take credit for this) is that EVERY APP that I do not use on a regular basis, I manually put into the Deep Sleep list. Every app that I don't use at least a couple times a week or apps that I don't care about getting notifications from are on that list and it really seems to have helped my overall battery life.

However, NO amount of deep sleep is going to save battery life when you are on the phone a lot using it (on the inner screen at least). LOL! :D

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, I've had the phone for a while now too and for the way I use it - when I am away from home and using cellular data, the battery life is not impressive to me, the way I use it. Yesterday, started at 9a and by 4p, I was down to about 30%. If I was planning to go to dinner, I wouldn't have made it. I now have accepted that I need to carry my Samsung battery pack with me if I'm in a situation where I will not be able to charge and have a long day. If I use it very lightly, then yes - I'll get like 16-22hrs but I really don't use my phone very lightly. My Note20U didn't have me worry about needing to carry a battery pack most of the time.

I like the big screen, but I did accidentally nick the screen with my thumbnail. It's slight, but I can see an indentation. Good thing it's at the edge and not noticeable - but it reminds me about the fragility of the screen. Not sure if the indentation is on the factory installed screen protector or the screen itself. But, I really love the screen - it's allowed me to view spreadsheets for work a lot better. The crease is a non-issue. The hidden camera is great - I don't notice the lower resolution when using it as I'm not concentrating looking at it.

I use the outer screen the most and this is where I am torn. I like how it feels in the hand (with the Spigen thin armor pro) and I like how I car reach the width of the screen with one hand. BUT, I think it's just too narrow and some apps and websites do not appear correctly because the screen is too narrow. Some apps don't scale properly, so sometimes things bunch up or get cut off at the edge. I think they really should consider widening the screen a little. But will that ruin how much I like how it feels with it's current width in my hand? Not sure - but if they did widen it, maybe there would be room for a S Pen.. More battery.. better camera? But then, it'll make it heavier. ARRRGH, really don't know where I stand here.

The more rumors that come out about possibly the Note 22 Ultra being a real Note replacement makes me wonder what I would do. I couldn't say right now!

By the way, the battery pack I use is a Samsung 10,000 mah battery that has fast wireless charging, and also super fast wired charging, so the good news is that when I need more juice, it doesn't take too long to get more power back to the phone.

It's my daily driver now.. and also I do have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and no I don't think it's prettier than the Z Fold 3. lol My battery on that phone lasts longer because I don't use it anywhere as much as I do my ZF3.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I like the big screen, but I did accidentally nick the screen with my thumbnail. It's slight, but I can see an indentation. Good thing it's at the edge and not noticeable - but it reminds me about the fragility of the screen. Not sure if the indentation is on the factory installed screen protector or the screen itself.

I use the outer screen the most and this is where I am torn. I like how it feels in the hand (with the Spigen thin armor pro) and I like how I car reach the width of the screen with one hand. BUT, I think it's just too narrow and some apps and websites do not appear correctly because the screen is too narrow. Some apps don't scale properly, so sometimes things bunch up or get cut off at the edge. I think they really should consider widening the screen a little. But will that ruin how much I like how it feels with it's current width in my hand? Not sure - but if they did widen it, maybe there would be room for a S Pen.. More battery.. better camera? But then, it'll make it heavier. ARRRGH, really don't know where I stand here.

The more rumors that come out about possibly the Note 22 Ultra being a real Note replacement makes me wonder what I would do. I couldn't say right now!

By the way, the battery pack I use is a Samsung 10,000 mah battery that has fast wireless charging, and also super fast wired charging, so the good news is that when I need more juice, it doesn't take too long to get more power back to the phone..

Hi,

My thoughts are that you've caught the factory fitted screen protector.

When I'm using the outer screen if I feel things are a bit cramped I turn my Fold 3 into landscape mode and hey presto.

Rumours about the next Samsung Note phone are unfortunately just that at the moment.

I expect to see a hybrid phone of the Galaxy S and Note Line merging.

I'm not sure I would want to return to a non fold phone now ! ;)

I also carry such a battery pack and have a charging pad at work but as of yet haven't had go use either.

Granted I'm working during the day so only check on incoming emails and texts while working then use the phone during my lunch break but then use the phone on my return home so the way I have my phone set up etc I typically have 60% + battery left.

I power up at 5am and power down at 9pm.

As said many times battery stats and screen on time is a subjective topic.

My Fold 3 is also my daily driver.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

When I'm using the outer screen if I feel things are a bit cramped I turn my Fold 3 into landscape mode and hey presto.

Rumours about the next Samsung Note phone are unfortunately just that at the moment.

I expect to see a hybrid phone of the Galaxy S and Note Line merging.

I'm not sure I would want to return to a non fold phone now ! ;)

Indeed I like when I open it up and hold it landscape with multiwindow and it's like having two wide screen phones side by side. lol! Just can't do that when I'm walking, etc. Yes, the rumors have it sounding like a Note will be folded in the S series. I guess we'll see since it changes every other day.

That is the problem - now that I have tasted the folding phone - I like the ability to have a big screen at will a lot. I don't know if I want to let go of that!! If they made it wider, have a S Pen slot, and a bigger battery, I think I would be all set. But that's me being selfish and disregarding the extra weight, etc.

So much will be known next year!