Z2 tablet gives me hope for the Z4

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Got rid of the Nexus 9 and picked up a used Z2 tablet on eBay to hold me over. What a nice device, while I'm not a fan of the aspect ratio (prefer the 4:3 nexus 9) the size makes up for it. Screen seems accurate and a pleasure to look at.

The speakers are a weak point on this, they could be better and aren't very loud. The case has a little flex in the back and the sides are all plastic, no complaints but nothing special. It's super thin and very light for the size. Just enough bezel to hang on to in each direction and I don't have any problems typing on this huge thing with the split SwiftKey.

I updated to 4.4.4 and the software experience is great, fast and trouble free. It keeps begging me to update to L but I think I'll wait for Google to get that fixed first. Menus and other UI elements seem identical to my Z3 compact running 4.4.4.

I love nexus software but the N9 was just plain broken.

ruhban

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Wow I'm glad I'm not the only one who had problems with the Nexus 9 (in a good way of course - I thought I was being overly picky). They've made a real dog's dinner out of it. The fact that there's rumours that they won't replace it this year is pretty worrying for the reputation of the Nexus brand.

Posted via the Android Central App

kathy13xia

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Google Nexus 9 is an 8.9-inch upgrade to last year's Nexus 7 and a great introduction to Android Lollipop. It just doesn't measure up to the iPad Air 2 in more ways than one. I am not a fan because it does not have micro SD slot, I cannot put all my pictures on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andi24