Zenpad S8 ROM development??

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
i'm going to revive a dead thread here, but there still isn't a forum on xda and I haven't seen any development for this tablet, which is kind of a sad thing. I really wish that there would be some more attention paid to this tablet because there really is some good hardware, only the software is not the best. IF this was to happen, this could easily be one of the best tablets on the market, but until that happens, it is relegated to a second class tablet.

ThatChocolateGuy

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I've been using the Z580C for a few months now and REALLY wish that it wasn't limited by its software. I can tell the hardware is far more capable than what I've been experiencing... :'(

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I dont think anyone is working on it because-
it has became an unpopular TAB
It does not even has a section on XDA DEV FORUMS :(

so yeah..we are going to be left behind..
even worse..NO MARSHMALLOW!

BitOBSessiOn

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
There is no dev because bootloader remains locked.. There are people working in XDA to get an unlocked bootloader. As soon as we have full access to the device we can flash alternative recoveries, kernels, roms... etc

ASUS brought us an unlocker tool for Zenfone 2, but not yet for ZenPad... why...? Maybe we have to ask them... and maybe we can make some noise in ASUS forums about this.