Case for use with extended battery

Noob Cydroid

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I was wondering which case you're using? I have a Seidio Active since it fits the extended battery. But I gotta admit, it's not that grippy. It still slides down if I'm not holding it nice and tight. Does anyone know of a good case that protects the Thunderbolt from shock and has a very grippy material?

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I was wondering which case you're using? I have a Seidio Active since it fits the extended battery. But I gotta admit, it's not that grippy. It still slides down if I'm not holding it nice and tight. Does anyone know of a good case that protects the Thunderbolt from shock and has a very grippy material?

I've had pretty good success with the Otterbox lines - you can check them out here: HTC ThunderBolt Cases // OtterBox.com

Their Defender series is probably the best "protection" case I've seen. That being said, anyone will tell you that an Otterbox adds bulk - the Defender is the worst. So keep that in mind if you're one to keep your phone in your pocket.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I'm using the Seidio Active too and I'm a little confused by your statement. All the places you would normally grab are rubbers, plus there are indentations for your fingers...not sure how you will find anything more grippy than that?

Normally I would also suggest OtterBox, but it appears they do not make a case for the extended battery. And if they did, the Commuter case would be comparible to the Seidio Active, though OtterBox uses a harder and more slippery plastic shell and the same type of rubber insert, so I don't think it would help you.

So, I am sort of at a loss here other than maybe getting some bedliner and spraying it on the plastic. Don't know if it will adhere to it though...

Noob Cydroid

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply. I've been really busy lately and basically have been trying to catchup on sleep when not working.

When I more or less just cradle the phone in my hand, not fully grasping it, it will still slowly slide down and if I don't re-adjust will fall out of my hand. I use to use a Case Mate Pop case before getting the extended battery, and I could just rest the phone in my hand and it would stay put.

I actually took some video of it, but the file size is HUGE. Anyone know any good (free please) programs that I could use to re-compress the video for use on like YouTube or something?

fresefrog

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Trident case (tridentcase.com) just released the Electra case which comes with an integrated screen protector, holster, and extended battery. It is listed for $69.95 but when I added it to the cart it came up for $64.95. If your not in a hurry they also are offering standard shipping for free.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I use a rubberized shell I got from letstalk and a holster I got from best buy. I think the shell was like $15 and the holster was $32. I also have the HTC extended battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress