Seidio latch failure after only 3 months - other choices?

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a Seidio Platinum / Rugged back in June to go with my Thunderbolt. Got it at Best Buy because I was traveling the next week, and couldn't wait for mail order. I'm close to going ahead and getting an extended battery, so I will need a new case. I really wanted to see if Trident or Otterbox was going to do the extended battery thing, but had pretty much settled I would have to use Seidio again.

However, yesterday (Friday, 9/16) the top latch that holds the TB in failed, for no apparent reason. The latch piece itself is actually broken. I can't carry the phone in my pocket most of the time, but I can get by for a little while.

Any other suggestions for a fully rugged case/holster? Or do I live with the possibility of a holster failure every 90 days?

Last edited:

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Trident just released the Electra case. Too expensive but if you need that protection check it out. It's $70.

My opinion the shell/holster combo from Verizon is the best. Gives great protection at $22 with a discount.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the Verizon holster. Not enough for my usage/carriage. I see the Electra includes an extended battery ( not sure whose). At $65 (the price that shows up on the purchase page), that's competitive with an HTC battery @ $25, plus a Seidio case/holster from Amazon.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I didn't see it included the battery. In that case it is a much better deal!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress