Getting the extended battery for free

nat72sherman

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Are there a lot of people able to get the extended battery for free from verizon? I ordered my phone online, so I called them today trying to get a free ext. battery and was unsuccessfull. The best I could do was get 10% off.

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I got one free, i called and complained about the battery, and said I wanted a replacement one within my 1year warranty. They went to order and offered the extended, only problem is now my cases dont fit lol

jpydroidx

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I also got one for free. I called about buying a bluetooth speakerphone and during the order the guy asked me if I was enjoying the thunderbolt. I said yeah except the battery blows. He apologized...attempted to make sure my settings were ok and then after no resolution added the extended battery to my order for free

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I recycled my old enV Touch and got a full $30 for it, then I get a 25% employee discount, and (if it still works) order online using the BAT30 promo code and bingo I don't actually pay a penny for the battery.

Bossxii

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I didn't even bother complaining, just bought one for $50 bucks, best money spent. Amazing battery life. Charge overnight, unplug at 7am, plug back in around 11pm. No issues at all, in fact last few nights I've only managed to drain it to 25/27% range. Freakin awsome.

I should also note I just purchased the phone a week ago so my usage of just messing around is off the charts by normal comparison. My normal usage will be a fair bit less.

Reactions: Chrisy

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I also purchased the extended battery. I haven't even used it yet because it makes the phone so heavy and ugly. I put it back in the box and I am still on the fence if I want to return it.

I am debating buying another regular battery.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Are there a lot of people able to get the extended battery for free from verizon? I ordered my phone online, so I called them today trying to get a free ext. battery and was unsuccessfull. The best I could do was get 10% off.
You need to take reports of "free batteries", extended or otherwise, with a grain of salt. Each and every transaction is different and personalized. In my case, when I purchased the ThunderBolt at a VZW store, I told the rep I wanted a 1 year contract. I knew I was not eligible for a 1-year, but I wanted to see if I could get one. The rep says, sure (he didn't know either). Anyway, when it became apparent that the computer would not give me a 1-year, like I knew, I was disappointed. I also had a web copy of a price for a 2-year that was $10 lower than they were gonna charge me. I've been with VZW since they 1st became VZW, Inc. So, since I was so disappointed with having to do a 2-year, they agreed (actually they offered it without prompting) that they would give me a free extra battery to make up for the disappointment. I took it. Point is, again, this was a very personal circumstance. So, I got a free battery without even asking for it.

Also, there are tons of people in these forums that have corporate accounts and manage said corporate accounts. When they deal with their VZW corp rep they can get all kinds of stuff that will never be offered to the ordinary customer. Yet, you'll see them mention their "free battery", etc., here in the forum without explaining their unique circumstances.

There are not too many things in life that are really free. I personally find it somewhat lame to try to complain your way into a free item. Just my opinion.

-Frank

Last edited:

AubreyPage

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Frankxs. I do business with the store where I can at least you deal with a real person. It helps if everytime you go into the store, that you ask for the same person that you have always dealt with by name. I have found the (company) store here in my small town to be willing to work with you if there are issues and that includes discounts and things that are not strictly Verizon's policy. I have always been pleased with the way I was treated even when I had issues. I am on my second T'bolt. I went into the store two days after I got the phine and advised them of my issue (losing 3G connection). We agreed to try things and wait while Verizon worked some network issues. A week later, I decided to take the phone back and exchange it. After I asked for the person who I dealt with earlier, he immediately asked about my issue and when I said it was not solved, he said let's get you another phone. I did not even have to ask. They got right in it and 20 minutes later, I walked out with a new phone with contacts restored and I only had to do minor tweaks. (The second phone does not drop 3G.)

nat72sherman

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm going to get my free extended battery after all. After unsuccessfully talking to the rep over the phone, I sent them an email. In writing I guess i was able to make my case better.

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
How are you guys getting the extended battery, free or paid, its appearing out of stock on the Verizon website and I went to order one today at an actual Verizon store and they couldn't even order one to ship lol