shane1316

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok I dont have a clue what im doing. My thunderbolt is lagging bad. I have talked to a few people about rooting my phone and doing a new ROM. The problem is how do I tell what I'm running now. I see somepeople are running GB stock and froyo stock as well. All i want to do is make my phone faster battery last longer and free hotspot. Thanks

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Ok I dont have a clue what im doing. My thunderbolt is lagging bad. I have talked to a few people about rooting my phone and doing a new ROM. The problem is how do I tell what I'm running now. I see somepeople are running GB stock and froyo stock as well. All i want to do is make my phone faster battery last longer and free hotspot. Thanks

Are you already rooted? Or are you running stock?

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Well there's really no way to just get a feel for gingerbread, unless you know someone that has the update or another phone that has gingerbread. If you decide to root, I suggest reading through the steps outlined in this forum thoroughly before you dive in. It's a fairly easy process and the end end result will be a much better working phone.

shane1316

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I think I can do the revolutionary root. after that can I make my Froyo to Gingerbread with out any problems? I see that it has a few out but I want to make sure my camera and 4g still works it looked like some of these ROMs could make these items not work anymore

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Ok so I think I can do the revolutionary root. after that can I make my Froyo to Gingerbread with out any problems? I see that it has a few out but I want to make sure my camera and 4g still works it looked like some of these ROMs could make these items not work anymore

Oh ya it will work just fine, after you root though make sure you download ROM Manager from the market and do a back up of your current ROM. Never loose that backup just in case you need to go back to stock, you'll need that backup. ROM manager is the easiest place to start for ROMs.

Reactions: shane1316

shane1316

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh ya it will work just fine, after you root though make sure you download ROM Manager from the market and do a back up of your current ROM. Never loose that backup just in case you need to go back to stock, you'll need that backup. ROM manager is the easiest place to start for ROMs.

Thanks for the help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38