[ROM] *** Liquid Smooth ROMS 3.1 FOR MULTIPLE DEVICES ***

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
i dont have clock work orange whats that? lol when i install a rom i just wipe everything like i'm suppose to do and just re-install everything again. i dont have alot of apps so it doesnt take alot of time to do.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
i dont have clock work orange whats that? lol when i install a rom i just wipe everything like i'm suppose to do and just re-install everything again. i dont have alot of apps so it doesnt take alot of time to do.

I did not say clock work orange... ClockworkMod Recovery... when you load a ROM you load it using a program call Recovery... you boot into Recovery to load the ROM... or are you using something else??? If you use Recovery, what version of the program do you have???

The usually program for loading Recovery is ROM Manager.

wxruss

Jun 7, 2011
www.weatherlink.com
Been rooted for a while. But, I finally decided to install a custom rom. It was a tough choice between this, gingeritis3d, bamf, CM.... I finally decided on this one. Wow! awesome rom, so much faster than sense, so many options. I love it.

I did my titanium backup of my apps, did a cwm recovery backup, then wiped all cache/data. Then did install zip from sd and 10 or so minutes later I was amazed.

Only issue I had was the gps lock. So I had to recover back to stock sense, get a gps lock, then recover my backed up LS rom 3.1. GPS issue solved.

Thanks liquid! And the overclockable kernel is blazing.

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
oh sorry, yes i load it that way, where would i check to see what version i have? sorry i'm not very good at all the technical jargon

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
oh sorry, yes i load it that way, where would i check to see what version i have? sorry i'm not very good at all the technical jargon

Open ROM Manager... it will tell you what version of Recovery you have flashed on your device and what is the latest version of Recovery... tell me what the version you have on your device.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Just do this.

Open Rom manager. Click the Flash ClockWorkMod recovery button and confirm. Let it do its thing for a minute. Now you should have the most recent version. Hopefully this works for you.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Just do this.

Open Rom manager. Click the Flash ClockWorkMod recovery button and confirm. Let it do its thing for a minute. Now you should have the most recent version. Hopefully this works for you.

That's always much better than teaching someone what they should be looking for... :confused:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed this ROM to test it out... I'm using Recovery version 5.0.2.1, and it worked just fine... I'll have to try this version out for a while :D

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
That's always much better than teaching someone what they should be looking for... :confused:

And once he/she finds it what is he gonna have to do? Update it? The button says what version he's on anyways.

Whatever, this forumsection has getting over populated with ego.
OP head over to RZW if you need help.

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
and again i'm sorry like i said before i'm not very good at all this. where exactly would rom manager be? the only thing in my apps that i have is root explorer. i know you guys are probablly saying "he doesnt know where rom manager is? how did he root his phone the dummy" lol. sorry people

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
and again i'm sorry like i said before i'm not very good at all this. where exactly would rom manager be? the only thing in my apps that i have is root explorer. i know you guys are probablly saying "he doesnt know where rom manager is? how did he root his phone the dummy" lol. sorry people

ROM Manager is an app you can download... ClockworkMod is the maker of both that app, and also the Recovery app... if you don't want to download the app, then just reboot into Recovery... the version number is at the top.

The only way I know of to update your version of Recovery is to download the ROM Manager app, and the very first selection when you open the app will tell you what version of Recovery is loaded on your device... and it will allow you to flash the most recent version... and there is a way of also downloading and installing older versions of Recovery.

But first, lets see what version you have on your device.

willstilson

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Im using version 3.0.2.5 - I rooted way back when I first got my bolt, flashed CWM, and haven't updated since....Im gonna update now and try again. I'll be back with the results.

EDIT-

Holy crap it worked!!!....Thanks fatboy97, updating CWM fixed it for me. Hope it works for you too Panitsos.

Last edited:

kwengca

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Jeezus this rom is blazing fast. Is there any way to turn up the auto-brightness levels though, it seems kind of dark to me. Also, its too bad this rom doesnt have gtalk video :( but other than that, its bee n running great the last few hours :) Excellent work!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87