I got inspired earlier today to make a blacked out version of a long HTC boot animation that was only available on windows HTC phones. That white HTC logo has blinded me for the last time and I've had enough with the same old lame-O boot animations. I'm no minimalist but I prefer clean looking boots.

SPLASH:
    Right click, download.

I used this tool to flash the splash screen.

BOOT ANIMATION (upper right hand corner, download original): https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bz8...EwZDA5MjVhMjIy

I used this tool to compile the boot animation and this guide to install it.

I installed by pasting the zip in my system/media folder. Worked beautifully.

This is the animation I worked off of. I extracted the frames using this tool, sampled the green in the HTC logo, selected color range, invert selection, invert colors, rinse, repeat 76 times.

The final result:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...6/c57f9b5b.gif

For reference I'm running the latest radio, das BAMF forever 1.10 with their stock kernel, boot sound/animation turned off in bamf settings.
    12-07-2011 02:13 PM
    So if I understand you correctly, in order to install this, all I have to do is place this one zip file in /system/media. Is that correct?
    12-08-2011 12:56 PM
    If you're rooted, yes. There should already be a bootanimation.zip file there. It's good practice to back that up. The wrist case scenario for trying to change the boot animation is a fixable problem of a black screen during boot instead of an animation.

If you're nervous read through some of the threads in the OP to get an understanding of what this is doing.
    12-08-2011 01:15 PM
    If you're rooted, yes. There should already be a bootanimation.zip file there. It's good practice to back that up. The wrist case scenario for trying to change the boot animation is a fixable problem of a black screen instead of an animation.
    Weird. There is not a bootanimation.zip file there. I am using OI; I will try Astro.
    12-08-2011 01:21 PM
    I didn't have a file there either but typically that's where it's supposed to be. When I pasted it there it overwrote the original bamf animation.
    12-08-2011 01:35 PM
    Astro wouldn't let me paste it there. Neither would OI. Bizarre! And I am rooted.....
    12-08-2011 02:35 PM
    You need an application that lets you mount the system as read/write as opposed to read only. I believe Astro or OI has that option but if it doesn't there are plenty of explorer alternatives that do, most free.
    12-08-2011 02:42 PM
    Finally got it done and it didn't do anything. Finally occurred to me that it isn't working because I'm not running BAMF, I'm running a rooted, debloated stock. :-)

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

"I went back to Sense when I realized how much work I was putting into making AOSP look like Sense."
    12-08-2011 06:18 PM
    I just reflashed and I haven't figured out how to get it back either yet. There are two locations that Android pulls for the boot animation. If putting them in both of those locations doesn't work then idk what to tell you.
    12-08-2011 07:19 PM
    I just reflashed and I haven't figured out how to get it back either yet. There are two locations that Android pulls for the boot animation. If putting them in both of those locations doesn't work then idk what to tell you.
    What's the other one?

"I went back to Sense when I realized how much work I was putting into making AOSP look like Sense."
    12-08-2011 07:54 PM
    system/customize/resource or data/local.

Alsore applied the boot animation without an issue.
    12-08-2011 10:22 PM
    What's the other one?

Just a general tip.... Why not install root explorer then simply do a search for bootanimation and let the explorer find it?
    12-09-2011 10:55 AM
    If all else fails there are apps that will install it for you.
    12-09-2011 04:34 PM
    If all else fails there are apps that will install it for you.
    Got it working with an installer and it looks great! Nice job.

12-10-2011 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD