Back up nandroids in the cloud?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I currently use the free version of sugarsync as my cloud app. I don't really use cloud much because I cannot place secure work related files in any cloud app.

One thing I would.like to put in the cloud are nandroids but since they are folders I have no idea how.to do it? Any tips? Is there a particular free android cloud app that would.work best? I'm definitely not interested in any fees. I can always ontinue to back up to my computer manually but it.would be nice to store.old nandroids in the cloud making them more readily accessible.

Thanks!

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I currently use the free version of sugarsync as my cloud app. I don't really use cloud much because I cannot place secure work related files in any cloud app.

One thing I would.like to put in the cloud are nandroids but since they are folders I have no idea how.to do it? Any tips? Is there a particular free android cloud app that would.work best? I'm definitely not interested in any fees. I can always ontinue to back up to my computer manually but it.would be nice to store.old nandroids in the cloud making them more readily accessible.

Thanks!

Dropbox might be a good option.

Sent from my Thunderbolt via Tapatalk.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
And how exactly do you upload a nandroid when it.is actually a folder containing files? Each nandroid is about a gig. You get that much free memory in dropbox?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody here have experience storing nandroid folders.in the cloud then downloading for restoration?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Try to connect phone (or sd card) to your pc, and right click on the nandroid folder and zip it up. Then it's one file. You'll be uploading the zip to the cloud.
I would recommend you a way to do it on your phone without hooking to PC, though I'm unfamiliar with zip apps from the market (if they exist).

Could that work?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Try to connect phone (or sd card) to your pc, and right click on the nandroid folder and zip it up. Then it's one file. You'll be uploading the zip to the cloud.
I would recommend you a way to do it on your phone without hooking to PC, though I'm unfamiliar with zip apps from the market (if they exist).

Could that work?

Yes but it defeats the purpose. If I connect to computer I might as well store the nandroid there. No need for cloud.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes but it defeats the purpose. If I connect to computer I might as well store the nandroid there. No need for cloud.

Ahhhh.... you finally got exactly what I was thinking when I read your first post... unless you really want to store something in the cloud!!!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, I don't bother storing photos so I figured I could save some space on my sdcard if i threw a couple of old nandroids into the cloud rather than deleting them. The only minor advantage would be access wherever I am all the time. It's no big deal. I just noticed people get all excited about about free cloud memory so figured there must be something worth putting there! As a recovering flashaholic the first thing I thought of was old nandroids.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Clouds... one of the current buzz words... doesn't mean you have to attempt to use it for everything... at least not without a little forethought.

When and where do you need a nandroid backup... when you are having problems with your current ROM, and on your SD card... so I guess I'd be asking myself if it would be wise to have my backup in the cloud when I need it on my sd card.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, but I have 5 or 6 of them on the card. I just figured I'd put some old.ones there for card space. I thought a lot of people might. Of course I never bothered to even look at what a nandroid IS. I would have guessed a single file or a zipped folder like a ROM. I was surprised it is a regular folder containing several files. Live and learn.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Dropbox handles multiple folders and files...The only problem I could see for you is you only get 2GB free.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Dropbox handles multiple folders and files...The only problem I could see for you is you only get 2GB free.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Another big, BIG problem is the file size limitation of 180MB... which then would cause someone to have to upload the files from their PC... and the 2GB limit would only allow for one, maybe two, nandroid backup's in the cloud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez